on 30 May 2017
I enjoy watching rugby but know little about the game or the rules. I thought this little book might help me out. But it doesn't. It is written in an uninformative and, to my mind, not particularly amusing tongue-in-cheek style and is the wrong book for anyone who, like me, wants genuine help in understanding the game as it is played.
on 19 November 2014
This was so good I bought another copy for a friend who used to play and he loves it too.
It walks you through some of the complexities of the game, explains terminology, and has a punt at the rule book (which the good Lord himself probably needs help with). It manages to do all this with humour and without making a rugby newbie like me feel stupid and without talking down to my friend who knows his way round the game. I would heartily recommend it.
on 17 April 2017
Not as good as the ''original'' Alexander C. Ray's Bluff Your Way in Rugby (1992 Ravette Books), which appears to be out of print, but definitely the second best.
on 1 November 2016
This is one of those very rare books where I had to stop reading in order to save my own life. I was laughing so much that I forgot to breathe and had several close calls! Being a bit of a rugby bluffer myself I was delighted to find that I was doing almost be very thing right. My only regret is that I did not get this book earlier as I would have avoided being drafted onto the club committee. An excellent read.
on 12 June 2016
Doesn't take the subject over-seriously but is informative in parts. Enjoyable
on 27 December 2015
Interesting read, if you don't know your rugby then have a dip in this.
on 23 November 2015
Was ok, but a bit of a plod to read at times
on 2 December 2015
This was not only informative but very funny, excellent read :)
on 28 December 2016
More of a lighthearted review of the game than any explanation of the rules
on 16 November 2015
perfect for non rugby brother in law