Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 22 May 2017
Great. Daughter loved it.
on 31 March 2012
Still sticking to the books, another adventure packed installment, great even if your not a big horse fan, might even encourage some to read the books By Walter Farley.
on 29 January 2011
The hand of the master (Coppola)is less obvious in this sequel to The Black Stallion. This movie is less dreamlike and special, it's more an adventure. The boy is bigger, older now and has more common sense, although this story is less likely than the first. The story has an educational value however and altogether the movie is entertaining and fun.
on 17 January 2004
I loved Black Stallion. The original started with a beautifully filmed sequence in which a boy and a horse are shipwrecked. They are washed up on an uninhabited beach and the boy befriends and tames the horse. The sequel is enjoyable with some nice touches but the plot is less believeable. It lacks the stupendous scenery and depth of emotion.
on 17 June 2013
I purchased this and The Black Stallion and The Young Black Stallion for my niece several years ago. She loved all three, she has now 'grown up' and passed then to my daughter who watches them regularly and loves them too. Would highly recommend.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 9 January 2013
Thought this Movie was great watched and enjoyed it with my two horse mad girls. Was bought as part of a trilogy as a stocking filler for Xmas. Well packed arrived prompltly. Only quip is I do not recall any explanation as to why the same horse was with different owners in each movie I must have missed how one mimute hes in the US then in the desert or maybe I just didnt concentrate lol
on 20 January 2012
If you have seen the 1st film you will know that this is a must see film as it continues on from the 1st one. My family sat down to watch it and we were all glued to it from the begining to the end and now that we have the dvd we can watch it over and over again. It's one of those must see films thanks xx
on 17 March 2001
As in the first movie, you can live in the world of Alec and Black. The live with horses; how men and horses react on eachother...It still amazes me. The way they put this in the movies is great. You have to know that I have read all the books (15 of them) for almost 15 years ago and I still think it is a beautifull story!
on 7 October 2003
This film is BRILLIANT! Alec's horse gets stolen from him after the barn is set on fire. And he must find "the Black" ( the name of the horse). Excellent not to be missed!
on 28 October 2013
Yes i enjoyed this,Its not the type that holds you in your seat ,but you never new what was coming next.
But I would have liked it ending going/or seeing him back with his dear ole MUM