Customer reviews

on 22 March 2014
Read this book as a child and have spent nearly 15 yrs trying to get a copy of it as got lost, was delighted after searching for so long for this title i purchased a paper and kindle copy. my children are also a big fan having read it to them ! Although for children aged roughly 10yrs + would recommend this author and her other titles too. A very happy customer :)
on 2 February 2018
I liked this book because it had a happy ending. MP age 7
I liked this book because the children save the cattle not the adults. AP age 9
I enjoyed reading this to my children. There was good pace in the plot. Great characters. Twists and turns and unexpected happenings as well as some laugh out loud moments!
on 18 November 2015
I'm writing this on behalf of my 11 year old daughter. She's a real Eva Ibbotson fan and she said this was the best one she had read. She's read about five of Eva's books so far. Her only complaint was that it was too short as she read it cover to cover in less than a day. She said that if you want to get into Eva Ibbotson this would be a perfect book to start with.
on 6 February 2017
Nephew loved it and has read it from cover to cover. Another reliably, good read by the wonderful Ibbotson.
VINE VOICEon 6 September 2010
This is a very entertaining story beautifully read by David Tennant. There are parts that may be a bit scary for young listeners, but on the whole it makes good listening for all the family. As an adult I enjoyed it. David Tennants interpretation of character voices is, as uusual excellent.
on 23 September 2013
The beasts of Clawstone Castle is really unusual. A mixture of adventure and ghostliness it is beautifully written and made me smile.I enjoyed the characters and found the difficulties that the casle is in very believable.Definitely not talking down to children and very readable for adults too.
on 24 October 2015
The story is so well written and the characters are so well described that is a joy to read. The ghosts are also very likeable. A truly wonderful children's book. It kept my nice really entertained.
on 6 July 2014
Brill Iant states that this book needs infinity stars. Blubbering Brilliant. «^» (that's the best star I could make. Slong, Brill Iant
on 15 November 2015