Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

The Bay at Midnight
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.99

on 21 October 2017
I enjoyed this book to some degree because it literally ticked along, I worked it all out about 50% of the way through. Switching from era to era and character to character was fine, it kept me interested. Once I finished reading I didn't necessarily think about it again until I picked it up again, that's a measure that it was a story of fairly little importance to me. I will read another by this author I'm sure, but I feel it will be when I'm at a a loose end. The authors writing was very descriptive and that was quite refreshing, there was psychology, emotion, family life, love and sadness with a fair dollop of intrigue. I guess this sort of book would suit well as a holiday/beach read
on 5 June 2017
This is the story of three generations and how the events of the summer of 1962 affected their lives. Diane chamberlain has a knack of making you feel like you know all her characters and this is no exception. I felt I was there for that summer. Tons of twists, turns and emotional moments that make you want to read one more chapter.
on 9 November 2017
Another enjoyable book by Diane Chamberlain. It probably is a little long, especially the 1962 sections but I do like the way the book goes back and forth through the years. I wasn't convinced by the changes in Maria's character from teenager to strict mum to McDonald's employee, but the book does make an interesting observation of motherhood.
on 2 September 2013
I have read so many of Diane Chamberlains books and I am NEVER disappointed. I love her books, her style of writing, the subjects she writes about. She writes with great ease and she is so knowledgeable - Diane must be an excellent researcher because I believe her every word and I always feel like I am there in her story.

I ALWAYS want to know how her books end and sometimes I'm half right but she always has a twist that shocks the he'll out of me. I didn't cry for once but I was pretty close.

Brilliant book, brilliant story written by a truly gifted woman.

KARRIE
on 10 September 2017
I turn to Diane Chamberlain when I need a good book to read. Having ploughed through some pretty dreadful books recently it was a relief to read a story that I could enjoy! Reading the story from different characters perspective was interesting too.
on 14 August 2015
Diane really brings the reader into the story quickly . This is the first of her books that I've read and would most likely try another . I did quite early on guess the ending but this didn't spoil the book at all as I wanted to read on to see if I was right . It brought back my childhood memories of holidays at the coast too . I wouldn't label it great literature but a good light escapist read .
on 15 November 2017
I think I enjoyed this book the best of all I have read by this author, the different eras of the tale were clearly expressed and I couldn't put it down! Recommend it, you won't be disappointed.
on 15 July 2017
Easy to get into the book and hard to put down. I enjoy the way the author goes back and forth in time so the reader can gradually put the pieces together and have an understanding of the characters. I am now a Diane Chamberlain fan.
on 7 August 2017
I usually enjoy Diane Chamberlain's novels but I found this one rather long-winded. The twist at the end was unexpected, and helped to make the read more worth while, but I'm afraid this was still not one of my favourite books.
on 7 August 2017
I found it a bit confusing but a good read