on 17 April 2014
The story continues but the focus is now with Tallin rather then Elias from the first three books. The book is rather light on action, and is probably seen as being a bit of filler before book 5, but if you've read the saga so far then you'll want to read this as well.
on 15 September 2015
I have read the first three books of the series, I was intrigued to continue the saga, very readable series the characters are believable & I love the Dragon characters too I will read the rest in the series to find out what happens great writing Kristian
on 18 May 2015
The Balborite's Curse

Tallin Arai must flea for his life and leave everything behind when he discovers there's a bounty on his head. If it's the Balborites, a sadistic religious cult and assassins, as he suspect, he is a deadman. Despite this, he takes up a mission to unite the dwarf clans before a civil war can consume them and find out wants his head.

I felt going into this book unfairly. Having followed Elias' story for so long, becoming invested in his development as a person and his safety, this change is a bit of a shock but continues the Dragon Stone Saga well, opening the Tallin Trilogy. This this new series are new exciting and brave characters to follow.

The Balborites are a strange and frightful fanatic cult, which I assume mimics extremism in the real world, using these cruel assassins to explore prejudice and hate as well as uniting to defeat it.

As well as shifting lead characters, we find a shift in setting as we go to the Kingdom of the Dwarves. The Dwarves are interesting as you become quite immersed in their politics and feuds. Needless to say, it will not be an easy task uniting them. It will take more than diplomacy and nice words to bring them under one cause, an evil which is beyond their petty bickering and will shape there history entirely.

Though it has big shoes to fill, the Balborite's Curse shows immense promise and I look forward to following the saga further through Tallin's prospective but, more importantly, I just don't want it to end.
on 15 April 2014
The story contInue and it get better and better, more thrilling action. The continuation of love and hatred between elves, dragon, dwarves,orcs and man. Who will be left standing at the end, no one knows. Read the next drama to unfold in the series. Can't wait for the outcome.
on 24 October 2014
The Balborite Curse is the fourth book in the Dragon Stone saga from Kristian Alva, and it begins the next trilogy of books which are grouped together as The Tallin Trilogy, jumping the timeline a bit further into the future but still staying sequential and easy to follow. This is young adult fiction at its best - creating a fantasy world that is exciting and intriguing. Many of the elements here are familiar from other fantasy classics that we know and love - dragons, necromancers, magic, dwarves, elves, and swords that possess mystical abilities - but Alva continues to bring a freshness to her writing that makes these stories engaging.
on 6 April 2016
I absolutely love these dragon stone books.They are brilliant and I've read them with relish .I'm now on the sixth book .There are a lot of things I'd like to write about it but I don't want to spoil it for anyone😀
on 23 August 2015
I like fantasy books and this set of books are OK, and will buy the rest of them.
on 21 May 2016
I read a book a week so it is impossible for me to write a full review on each one

I enjoy all the books i read and usually choose one that has already got a 4* plus average review
on 29 November 2014
A mediocre story which never grabbed the attention or demanded the next paragraph be read. The series of books was insipid and I shall not buy any more, I am uncaring how the plot develops.
on 17 January 2016
This is as engrossing as the previous ones and will be starting the next book as soon as I have finished writing this. This is a story that will be enjoyed by all ages.