Customer reviews

The Baking Pocket Bible (Pocket Bibles)
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

on 8 April 2017
They say good things come in small packages .Brilliant book
on 28 March 2011
What a find! This book contains a huge number of classic and new recipes as well as a wealth of handy hints and tips. I can't remember how I did without it!

I have tested several of the recipes and they not only work but have been a great success. The best bit is undoubtedly the section on what you can substitute if you are missing a seemingly essential ingredient. Great if you sometimes bake on a whim as I do. Also each recipe comes with several ideas for variations, this means a large number of recipes are crammed into a very small space.

I sometimes scorn buying cookbooks, thinking everything I need is available for free on the Internet. However this book has proved me wrong. If you want to save time and are interested in improving your baking, it is invaluble. I also think that it would also make a lovely gift. Happy baking!
on 3 June 2011
It may only be pocket sized but this book punches well above its weight. Written with a lovely warmth and clarity by Amy Lane, this is a timeless book which will long remain part of my bookshelf. Amy's style is clear, unfussy and unpatronising. She clearly has a huge passion for her subject and her meticulous eye for detail shows that this book was a true labour of love.

The book is jam (no pun intended) packed with tips, insights and gems. Written by someone who understands the techniques, pitfalls and joys of baking, this book is a welcome addition to the large number of baking books on the market. The biggest compliment I can pay it is I enjoyed it as much as a "read" as I did for its actual food content...
on 11 February 2012
A fabulous little book! I've liked baking for a number of years but have really got into it recently and invested in a number of baking books. This is probably one of my favourites! If you want a bright glossy book with lots of recipes and beautiful photographs, this isn't the book for you.

However if you're looking for a slightly different book, this is a must buy! With recipes, trivia, history and useful hints and tips it is fascinating. It's the kind of book you can also just sit and read as well as flick through while you're baking to look up something. There is a very useful section on baking with allergies and dietary requirements in mind such as sugar free ginger cookies, a fab recipe for my diabetic brother!

A must buy for any keen baker!

Edit: I've just tried a few recipes including the sugar cookies and they have come out perfectly, the recipes cannot be faulted.
on 12 April 2011
This little book is packed to the brim with fabulous recipes from muffins to cupcakes and roly poly to sponge pudding. Everything your granny would have known plus some amazing facts and top tips. I think this is a book I would keep forever and pass down to my kids. Excellent
on 7 November 2011
This must be the most well-thumbed book in my house! I'm always delving in for a quick recipe or trouble-shooting advice. Written in a lovely warm style, it's more than just a recipe book - it's also packed full of tips and interesting facts. Would be a great stocking filler.
on 19 May 2011
I got this as a present for my sister in law, hoping that she will like it as she likes baking cakes. The facts and tips section looks really good and different from most other books I've seen.
on 15 January 2013
Absolutely brilliant cookbook! Discovered it in a charity shop and simply had to buy it as a gift for a family member.
Useful, creative and simple to follow, I think it's a book everyone should have on their shelves, especially if you enjoy working in the kitchen!
on 15 March 2014
this book is so easy to follow, with loads of recipes for cakes, pies, bread, celebration cakes etc. Loads of alternative ideas for each recipe and tips for what to do if something goes wrong. Highly recommended.
on 19 June 2016
Again a welcome addition to my collection of these very useful little hard backs.
Excellent condition prompt delivery.
What more can I ask but thank you?