on 24 July 2011
The theory in this book is sound and is understandable. The author presents his designs well, and if you have a good knowledge of analog electronics it is easy to follow. The reason I only give two stars is that the book shows its age by using obsolete components and ignoring more modern technologies like the latest ultra low noise op-amps and newer components which make Class D and Class Z amplifiers comparable to the designs presented in this book. Readers looking to use this book as a source of ready-to-build projects may be disappointed. I found that many of the semiconductors used in the designs presented in the book are no longer available - or at least only through suppliers stocking used parts or surplus. When you start scouring the data sheets for modern equivalents, it becomes obvious that more modern devices with better specs are now available, and again the book shows its age.
22 Comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 25 September 2016
Exellent
on 17 June 2013
I found this book very useful, exactly what I need. All the diagrams and schematics are very detailed and even includes the artwork. A must have item for any DIY Audio person!
on 2 August 2014
The sourcebook is well compiled and a comprehensive resource for the DIY Audiophile.
on 15 June 2008
This is a great book. It contains diagrams for projects such as power amplifiers power amplifiers, headphone amplifiers, RIAA amplifiers, audio filter circuits and more.

So far I made the headphone amplifier, and my next project will be the two band active filter.

Here comes my criticism though. Must of the circuits has an images of the printed circuit board, ready to use so you can make your own boards. But - the two projects I will be making, has no PCB so I will have to do that myself. I bet the author has a fancy program that could make a PCB in seconds.

Also it would be help full if all the projects were accompanied with a bill of materials, so you wouldn't have to go through the entire schematics your self to make a list of needed components.
on 24 June 2016