Format: Paperback|Change

on 25 November 2015
Brings the older days of model engineering vividly to life, with instructions on managing your work with much more primitive machinery than we get to use today. I love it, but there seem to be a few pages missing in my copy, so check yours when it arrives!
on 16 November 2013
It is indeed a very dated book. But not a lot has changed when it comes to the basics of workshop technology for ME's. This book, I found, describes the fundamentals very well. The drawings are nice and unambiguous, the photos a bit unclear at times. Some of the projects are very dated and of very little use, or no use in todays world, but I found them interesting non the less. And sometimes the old ways are suitable for times when you want to do something on the cheap. Should this be in print? I think the market shall be the judge of that! I did not regret my purchase one bit.
on 21 January 2014
Bought as a gift for someone else, as I already have a copy. A very good book for a background in workshop practice. I recommend this book.
on 23 January 2015
Decent book if a bit old
on 4 January 2010
Why is this still selling? Publishers should be ashamed to be putting out a text which is so dated with such poor photographs. Pretty superficial, too. It was first published in 1950 and then updated in 1976. And doesn't it just show it's age.