on 26 July 2016
My 7 year old found this hilarious, and I chuckled away too. This extract from chapter 1 had him crying with laughter. To set the scene, Fartella is sledging with little brother George but they couldn't seem to gain speed. Then an idea occurred to George.

'"Fartella, I've got one of Mum's Huey Chewy's Organically-Foraged Nutty Prune Bars in my pocket - you know, the ones you're not allowed to eat because they give you really bad wind?" Fartella grinned. "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" she said.'

At this point, my 7 year old was on the floor in stitches, gasping "I'm thinking it too!!!"

Over 5 chapters - each a stand-alone story - and using the power of her windy bottom, Fartella powers her sledge and a jacuzzi, scores at football and various other triumphs. A really fun book using good old-fashioned trumpy humour, and let's face it, what child doesn't like a good parp-joke?!
on 24 January 2014
I think it happens to everyone, you reach an age and suddenly someone else letting off wind is the most entertaining thing ever!
The author has two children and clearly knows just what makes them laugh. I really enjoyed reading the adventures of Fartella Gasratilova and there were many laugh out loud moments including a glossary of windy words (which my little boy would like to add windy-pops and trumpet bottom to!) and a fabulous pop song `Bubbles in the Pool'.
This book is well written and the hilarious action is brought to life with some brilliant illustrations. I could most definitely see this story being made into a cartoon. The subject matter is something grown-ups often frown upon but at the heart of it is a fabulous, positive message. That it is OK to be different and most importantly being kind to others wins the day. Children love to have fun and laugh but they also like to know that the good characters will succeed in their endeavours, while the less pleasant characters in the story always get their comeuppance and that is why I would highly recommend this fun book.
on 24 March 2014
My 7 year-old read this to me, (I couldn't resist listening!) We loved it. My 5 year old also listened to some of the stories and she too loved it. It was a great book to share together, it was hilarious and at some points my daughter couldn't read it because she was laughing too much. Excellent book ... Well done Tasha :-)
on 17 January 2014
If your kids are like my kids, they'll be highly-amused by trumps, pumps and bottom-burps. This book follows the adventures of windy kid Fartella (and, usually, her brother) as she finds herself in a series of familiar situations - going sledging, having a sleepover, going to birthday party etc. - but all with added pump-power.

The stories are cheeky-funny without being gross, and will make children and adults laugh out loud (any parents who've been camping will give cringes/groans of recognition when they read that chapter).

Stinkingly good fun!
on 21 January 2014
The story is great and it's very funny because there's loads of farting and stuff. The main character always saves the day by farting. I'm probably a bit old for it - nearly 10 - but it still makes me laugh out loud. My younger brother is going to love reading it when I've finished. WJH, aged 9
on 17 January 2014
Bought this book for my 5yo daughter, and in short she *loves* it. Since there's nothing funnier than farting, and every page has a trump or two, it's basically her dream book. But it's a bit more than that, too: the main character has worries and concerns, so your child will relate to her. It's just that this hero has a secret weapon.
on 22 August 2014
My grandchildren loved listening to stories of Fartella and they really made them chuckle. It is obviously toilet humour but kids love that.
on 28 February 2014
This book is so funny it makes me think of my Dad! And it's like my dog they really really stink. Also instead of classy". "Stay gassy" ;-|)
on 11 June 2015
Such a fun book to read. I was laughing pretty much the whole time I read these fab stories. Just awesome! :)
on 5 March 2015