on 16 February 2012
After reading the rather mixed reviews here on amazon and much hesitation, I purchased a used copy this movie at £2.20 (via amazon seller zoverstocks).

I'm rather a harse critic, just see some of my other DVD reviews.

However, I was pleased with this movie. It was throuroughly enjoyable. Though the plot may not have been strong, it was enough to give the movie momentum and keep me entertained all the way through. And I'm even going to watch it a second time, which is a rare thing with me.

All the main characters are likeable and I found myself routing for them, throughout.

Some critics have said that this movie is just "The A-team" by name. While this may or may not be true it shouldn't detract from the viewing experience. It's actually nice that they didn't make it exactly the same as the T.V. series.

This movies features a lot of great stunts that either kept me on the edge of my seat or made me laugh in amazement.

Unlike the T.V. series, where there is a clear boundary between good & evil, in this movie I found that multiple evil elements exist in different guises.

And unlike the T.V. series characters do die in this movie.

Viewers with short attention spans may not like some sequences where there's overlapping chronology. i.e. while Hannibal is talking about a plan, your delivered film sequences of the plan happening and then you're back in the room where Hannibal is finishing talking about the plan and then you see the action sequences of the end of the plan. Two friends I watched this movie with, got a little disorientated by this. I gave them and hot chocolate each to calm them down, and they have made a full recovery.

Overall a good movie, given that I only paid £2.20.
3 people found this helpful
on 5 August 2016
Action packed film that bends our imagination & throws it out the window, but it is deliberately directed to do so.

The entire cast work well together, and the storyline is enjoyable, although the pace drops a lot in the final scene/s.
This is a great film full of funny action-packed moments. I'd recommend this movie to a friend, just so long as they are willing to let go of reality (& all scence of their understanding of physics) for a while to take the film for what it is - a MOVIE (i.e. motion video of what would/could NEVER happen in reality).

Awesome!!
HALL OF FAMETOP 50 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 6 March 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed the boy's own slapstick that is the reboot of "The A-Team". Liam Neeson and Bradley Cooper hamming it up - what's not to love?

Cue tanks falling out of the sky – shifty inside types shafting our grunts on the front line – buddy buddy banter inside helicopters and a fantastically clever cat-and-mouse finale with containers in a shipping yard at night...

But fans should be aware that the 'US' edition on 20th Century Fox is REGION A LOCKED - so it won't play on our machines unless they're chipped to play 'all regions' (which few are).

Plumb for one of the 'face' sleeves on the UK versions (being Irish I've supported Liam). They're dirt cheap now - a great looker on the format - and the most fun you can have with a cigar in someone else's mouth...
on 20 January 2011
The `A-Team' film is a very different beast to the TV series, but it is no less entertaining.

This is a film that you need to suspend disbelief for to fully enjoy as it has the most ridiculous and outlandish plots, scenes and stunts that you could quite easily ruin this for yourself by being too incredulous. Most of the action in this film is pure fantasy, but the explosions, stunts, one liners and execution more than makes up for this.

Following the gulf war the A-Team have to recover some stolen money minting plates and clear their name after they are framed for a murder and the original theft of said plates. You see how they track down their enemy and how they are double crossed and betrayed by those they have had to trust. Pretty much your standard action film fare.

Liam Neeson has the most ridiculous accent going, but if you can not let this annoy you too much you should be ok. Bradley Cooper is a credible Face and manages to be reminiscent of the TV series character whilst bringing his own style to the role. This also applies to Quinton "Rampage" Jackson who plays BA Baracus. The gold jewellery is missing, but the same attitude is there. My favourite has to be Murdoch who manages to come out with some hilarious lines and stops the film from taking itself too seriously. His impression of Mel Gibson in Braveheart had me howling!

This film also offers plenty of their trademark DIY adaptations and gadgets, as well as a brief appearance from the black and red GMC.

This is a perfectly enjoyable action film and as long as you don't compare it to the original TV series, or take the stunts or credibility of the action too seriously, you can enjoy this for it's duration. It's a good, but not great film, but still worth a watch.

Feel free to check out my blog which can be found on my profile page.
on 1 August 2013
Well I think the DVD of the 2010 film of the A-Team is a good purchase to own because it has action adventure and also a level of
suspension. First of all I think that the Irish actor of Liam Neeson does a firm job on handling the role of Colonel John
'Hannibal' Smith'. Secondly the Hangover actor of Bradley Cooper does a good job of tackling the role of Lieutenant Templeton "Face" Peck. Thirdly the American actor of Quinton "Rampage" Jackson has done a brilliant role of handling "B.A." (Bad Attitude) Baracus and lastly the actor of Sharlto Copley as Captain H.M. "Howling Mad" Murdock is brilliant.
So overall I have no complaints about the film or the DVD. However I would recommend it to any fan who likes action or adventure
films. Thank you Amazon.co.uk. Four stars all round!
on 4 July 2012
Loved the TV series and still do !! This was negatively viewed before even made , by some around me , saying bad idea ! The movie sets the standards and does not have cheryl cole and jason stracham (whatever ) in it so very upbeat and positive and unseedy !
The movie is set at the start of the team meet when Hannibal and face were buddied up and met BA and murdock . The end of the second gulf war led them on a clandestine mission where they were set up , and then jailed . They broke out and fought for their freedom ! The fun , zaney creative capers does things the TV series of the 80s could not do for budget and a lack of CGI reasons . Flying the tank being attacked by drones -AMAZING . The characters are great .... especially my original favorites who I can most relate too , like Murdock , face and Hannibal . Liam is especially great , and Bradley has shown he is a great evolving actor , and I am forgetting the annoying bore he played in Alias . Buy this team !!
on 7 January 2013
I grew up with the A-Team. Well not literally, I'd still be on the run if I had. So it's fair to say that I might have some bias. However, I was excited by the idea of a re-interpretation, and was fully aware that with a different cast this was just not going to be comparable. I'm sure that if I were to watch old episodes of the A-Team with more mature eyes I'd think it was pretty rubbish now!
So, as unbiased as I can be, what is this film like on it's own independent merits? A bit rubbish - sorry! Action packed certainly, but the dialogue and plot really weren't up to much. If it were on TV on a Sunday afternoon and you were really bored I'd say give it a go, but can't do the same for a DVD purchase. Makes a good drinks coaster...
on 30 October 2017
For people that remember the TV series which is being re run again here in the UK you will be disappointed as none of the original stars are in the film,but as a stand alone film it's really good with plenty of action,and cheap to buy,give it a go if you don't like it donate it to a charity shop..
on 13 December 2017
Fantastic!! I LOVE IT WHEN A FILM COMES TOGETHER!!! I watched the original series back in the 80's and Liam Neeson takes Colonel Hannibal Smith off to a T!!! Hope there's a sequel featuring this cast!
on 20 August 2014
I Used to love watching The A-Team as a kid. This, however, is a film version many years after the original series. Plenty of action, a few good laughs, and lots of neat plans (some a tad overboard, but it's a film!!) I didn't really want to watch it as i expected it would ruin my thoughts of Liam Neeson as a top actor, gladly I was wrong. He played Hannibal perfectly, and none of the other main characters harmed their respective roles. Would love to see a sequel but maybe there won't be one.