Customer reviews

The 10-Day Gi Diet: Lose up to an inch off your waist
Format: Paperback|Change

on 16 November 2017
Great book for students and people who don't regularly cook for 4+ people, as most recipes are for single portions. Although the book talks about 'diet' its not a fad book. My wife read this book 10 years ago and we have been cooking according to the principles in the book since than. We regularly make dishes from the book and have purchased multiple copies for our kids going to uni and several friends.
on 10 July 2016
Much more than I expected. Everything has been done for you and any questions you may have is answered.. Content well planned, simple, looks after body and mind too. Can't go wrong! It even has values for quinoa and other foods which are now much more well known. Also, the added bonus is that it works!!! without reinventing the wheel. If you are looking for a non-restrictive diet, backed by a qualified dietician, that crosses all the Ts and all the Is, this is it! Bonus: if you eat Asian food, you will not be left out and may be know what maki is!
Seriously try it if you can't be bothered counting calories or faffing about.
on 25 March 2016
Quick delivery great product
on 4 April 2014
Book all I expected it to be. Brought a second had one but it looks almost new. No damaged pages or book cover. Have menu worked out ready to start and am hoping I will do as well as others have.
on 6 March 2013
The book presents the science and the essence of the diet in a clear way. It did inspire me but I must read it again to keep the inspiration!
on 9 December 2012
I have followed the GI Diet & this will help kick start me again. Haven't had chance to use it yet but first glance looks great.
on 12 January 2006
I have to admit that when I first started off there seemed to be so much information to read that about 20 pages in, I decided to skim read and skip to the diet, having taken on board the advice about preparation and NOT starting the plan on a Monday.
I decided to follow the more structured plan where you don't have to count GiPs. I made a shopping list and was pleasantly surprised when the shop cost me the same as usual, even though I seemed to have bought much more!
There have been a few meals that contain things I don't usually eat or have never tried before like lentils and ricotta cheese but I vowed to eat exactly what was on the plan. So far, to my surprise I have really enjoyed all of the recipes and they don't take very long to prepare which is great. It's been so easy to follow too, I have spent more time preparing food but I feel more alert and healthier from eating so many fresh vegetables.
Preparing my lunch the night before has meant that my mornings are far less stressful and I don't end up running out the door with no lunch with me, this has meant I'm saving money because I don't pop to the sandwich shop at lunchtime.
The best thing about the plan is that I feel like I'm nibbling ALL the time and the little pointers on the diet pages which offer alternatives in case you accidently miss breakfast and need to eat on the run, are brilliant for when I sleep through my alarm. I haven't had a sugar dip since I started it and I don't reach for unhealthy snacks because I don't get to the point where I'm so hungry that I can't make a good food choice.
Another thing that has really helped maintain my focus is the dreamboard. I stuck pictures of where I'd love to go on holiday, clothes that would look fab on me when I get to target, and things that I don't have the confidence to do at my current weight that I'm sure I will when I've reached my goal. I put it up in the kitchen, right next to the fridge where I see it every morning and it reminds me of why it's worth sticking to the plan and changing my lifestyle.
I'm glad that there are points tables in the book, because I intend to create my own
weekly plan by counting GiPs so I can continue eating lots but losing weight after the
initial 10-day plan.
I think the book offers a great plan to start you off and loads of good advice if you haven't dieted before, combined with the all tools you need to continue with a Low Gi lifestyle after the initial 10-day period.
At day 7 my jeans are lose again!
on 24 October 2009
I've been suffering for some time from complete loss of energy throughout the day, sometimes lasting several hours, awakening in the mornings more tired than the night before and with mood swings that are scary even to me. But no longer! This book is brilliant in that it gives the background to how this works (it's not rocket science) and gives a very easy 10-day kick start diet. Once you get it, you get it and the principles caa be applied everywhere even when eating out. 10 days in and I'm a new person with so much energy I wonder how I functioned before and loving every minute. Even my moods have settled so it's not just nice for me but for everyone around me too. Try it!
on 17 January 2006
I've tried to loose the weight so many times and diet definitely does not work for me.Finally I've found the way how to loose few kilos without dieting,just a few small changes in my lifestyle.I've lost 6.5kilos in 2 months.I don't feel like dieting and the most important fact is you don't put it back again,as long as you don't eat junk food on daily basis and big portion of food again.Please be patient,you may need 1 or 3 weeks to start to loose first kilo,maybe not.For everyone who is fed up with miracle diets,try GI plan/or the 10 days diet/.It is worth to try and stick on it!Good luck to everyone.Thank you Azmina and Nina!!!
on 17 January 2006
This is an inspiring read. Guaranteed to help you on your way to a lifetime of healthy eating and a smaller waist. The recipes are tasty and don't make you feel like you are even on a diet. The shopping lists make it all so, so easy. There are no excuses left!