Format: Board book|Change

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 5 December 2014
We had a few of these books and my daughter loved this one when she was aged around between 2-3. Very robust, great pictures and a really good selection of tactile materials the kids would love touching.

It was also a great introduction to reading as the repetitive start of each page gave her some confidence and she could feel proud at learning the first sentence and then build up from there. Very simple concept that works very well for the kids.

One thing I will mention however, one if the pages states "That's not my princess, her fan is too fluffy", my wife read that line a bit quickly one evening and the space between "fan" and "is" wasn't apparent which caused a great deal of trouble when trying to finish the book as she immediately fell about in hysterics. Try saying it quickly and you'll see what I mean.
on 3 October 2013
My baby is seven months old and loves this series of books. She has eight of them and this is one of the nicest. The textured areas are all of a good size, and all seem to be of interest to my daughter. In some of the other books, the textured areas are too similar to the ordinary parts of the page for her to bother with, but her little hand shoots straight out to explore every page in this one. The pictures in this book are lovely and colourful and each one has little highlights of silver, which really livens them up visually. Great for a baby from about four months, I would say. My baby's other favourites are Mermaid, Donkey and Dragon.
on 30 March 2009
I have a few of these touchy feel books and my baby girl loves them. Got her the first one when she was two months old and she used to smile and make noises looking at the colourful pages! So I bought a few, including this one, which she loves even more than the others, must be the colour! now she is 7 months old she loves feeling the different materials and turning the pages, a great way of getting babies acquainted with books!
on 3 October 2016
My 16 month old daughter has really enjoyed these books since around 10-11 months of age. She has interacted with them in different ways in the intervening months - initially enjoying the textures and feeling each page before more recently being more engaged in the story and it really helped her learn "no" and "yes" through the nodding and shaking of the head encouraged while reading aloud to her. As a result, I really enjoyed reading this style of book over the last few months as it has felt genuinely educational.

The books are of a good quality - sturdy which is important around this age as everything ends up in the mouth or torn eventually! The textures and fabrics that are present on each page are varied and of good quality and the illustrations are simple yet effective.
on 20 December 2010
I bought this book as a present for a young family member. Apparently they already have several of these books and love them.

However the review should cover not only the product, but also the service. After all people need to know not only "do I buy this book?", but also "do I buy it from Amazon or somewhere else?"

The book arrived with a big hole in the box (ok possibly not Amazon's fault).

However inside the package, the book was dented (at the OPPPOSITE END of the hole in the package - suggesting the damage was already there).

Not only that, but the front cover was dirty. Pretty much like someone had dropped it, then picked it up and wiped their nose on it.

I used to buy ALL of my books from Amazon. For the very reason that, unlike the books in shops, they were less likely to have been picked up, read, stood on etc. At the beginning they always arrived in perfect condition, so Amazon became my first point of purchase.

Recently however things have changed. This is the third book to have arrived in this state - prompting me to write this review.

Please remember Amazon, it's not JUST about price. Had I known the state this book would arrive in, I would have bnought it from the shop down the road.

If they want to argue that the book arrived from the manufacturer in this state, then it should have been sent back by Amazon. It's not nice giving someone what looks like a second hand present, and it's too late to send it back.
on 17 May 2010
Bought several of these books for my friends daughter as a birthday gift. She loved them all, very sweet little books, just the right story length for a little one, beautiful pictures too. My friends little girl was delighted with them and constantly ask for them to be read to her. Would highly recommend to other mums of young children.
on 17 September 2011
I wasn't sure bout these books but my son really likes the monkey and monster one so got this as a present together with the fairy one. The only downside is that the fairy one and the princess one are very similar.
on 22 June 2015
Not as many bits to "feel" as some of the other books so my daughter isn't as interested as she has been some of the others. More shiny/glittery bits so nice to look at it and good idea for a little girl.
on 29 April 2014
My baby in only a year old, but she has loved these books since she was about six months. This one in particular she loves, I thik because of the sparkles and flowers. It's a real girlie girl book. Great gift for any little girl, especially if she's your own daughter :)
on 2 September 2013
I brought these for my daughter's first xmas at 5 months old she loved the bright colours and textures. At 13 months now, She will happily sit by herself 'reading' the books, turning pages, finding all the different textures and even knows either stoke, prod or scratch the textures.