Customer reviews

Format: Board book|Change

on 23 May 2014
This touchy feely book from the 'that's not my' series is in the same format as the other books. Lots of nice textures to touch. Nice graphics also.
on 10 April 2014
I love these books. We have a big collection of these here at home and my daughter has had many, many hours and days of entertainment from them. I started her on these at about 6 months of age and at 16 months now she still loves to read them.

Each page, including the cover, has a picture with part of it being made of materials that encourage touch, like fur or silk. The wording on each page is simple and rhythmic, making it almost like reading a poem. I find that these books serve many purposes; the material encourages tactile play, the easy use of language helps develop interest in reading and the use of grammar encourages specific lingual habits that aid later learning, and the subjects covered in the book help the child begin to identify those things in reality (like tongue, beard, mane etc). You also find a small white mouse on each page and I found that as my daughter grew she began pouring out the mouse, which led her on to pouring out each item that applied to her, like body parts.

A wonderful and varied series of books that every toddler home should have!
on 21 January 2009
Like seemingly every book in this series, it is a lovely, colourful, stimulating book for very young children. My baby has recently started enjoying playing with textures and sounds and I bought him this book for Christmas (partly due to my own obsession with pirates!).

It has a wider array of textures than some of the animal ones - for example he also has 'That's not my lion' which is mainly fur textures. My son particularly enjoys the 'bumpy eyepatch' made of corrigated card as not only does it feel strange, but it makes an excellent sound when he scratches it!

Also, for sea-faring little girls, it does feature a lady pirate in a nice pink shirt! Would definitely recommend this book.
on 28 June 2013
Bought this book for friend's grandson's 2nd birthday. His party was based on a pirate theme and so it was a very appropriate gift. The book is of excellent quality (I have yet to be disappointed with an Usborne book) and he will have many hours of fun with it despite not to be able to read yet. I think this would enhance any child's love of books and encourage them to read when the time is right.
on 5 March 2015
Good book in the series which my toddler has had for many months although it doesn't hold his attention as much as others in the series. Good selection of textures.
on 5 July 2012
My son has just turned 14 months but has loved the "that's not my" book touchy feely range since he was about 6 months as did my eldest daughter. We've got "thats not my"....fairy,mermaid,puppy,monkey,bear but wanted to get one more for just him so when i Saw this pirate version i had to get it and it's great!!!! He loves it.
Would've given 5stars but the front cover had a slight fault on the pirates hat,but didn't want to bother with returning as he loves the book so much.
on 19 November 2016
Like all of the other books in this range they are perfect repetitive picture books for young children. We have lots of these books and have bought this one to satisfy a two year olds recent pirate obsession.

I like that the textures vary between each book which is what makes it worth buying more than one. These have been a firm favourite from about 6 months old.
on 22 July 2013
This is a great little book for young explorers! My 4 1/2 month old son loves to touch the book and the different textures on each page. I think it will get even better the older he gets! We have a few of the touchy- feely books and he likes every one of them. I would recommend it to babies that have just started reaching out for things and feeling textures. Great buy!
on 28 December 2011
We have lots of the 'That's not my' books and we like the fun in this one, it's a little bit more imaginative than 'That's not my cat/dog' etc.
Rough, soft, fluffy, shiny, glittery textures which stand up well to lots of touching by little fingers. And the little mouse is there as always to add something else to spot and talk about on each page.
on 17 April 2013
Really fun, last for ages and the pictures and touchy feely material are great for babies. Later I guess they will be ideal for learning to read too. Also, they are very tough and last for ages. Our little girl stands on them, chews them and chucks them around but they're still in great condition.