Thai Phrasebook (Lonely Planet Phrasebook) Paperback – 1 Sep 2004
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
National Geographic Traveler, September 2006'Lonely Planet Phrasebooks. Portable, pocket-size, cheap, and available for almost any country you might want to visit...'
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I should add that my landlady, a native Thai, has pointed out that several of the guide's attempts at spelling a word out phonetically are incorrect and leave you speaking gibberish. However, most Westerners (me very much included) are so bad at pronouncing Thai that you'll end up slipping into English more often than not, which the locals will inevitably speak with a fair degree of fluency. You'd perhaps be better off simply googling a few handy phrases to get you through your time here and leaving the language books to language students.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Languages > By Language > Other Asian Languages > Thai
- Books > Languages > By Language > Other Asian Languages > Vietnamese
- Books > Reference > Language
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Countries & Regions > Asia > Southeast Asia
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Countries & Regions > Asia > Thailand
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Guidebook Series > Lonely Planet