Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Worried Blues Learn more Fitbit

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 13 Nov 2011, 20:45:47 GMT
Glyn says:
Are both of these products text to speech enabled? one says it is the other doesnt, amazon said no dictionaries of any kind are text to speech enabled, so im confused.

Collins Concise English-Spanish Dictionary / Diccionario Collins Concise Inglés-Español (Collins Concise Spanish Book 1)

Collins Concise Spanish-English Dictionary

Posted on 17 Jun 2012, 12:57:26 BST
G. Fleming says:
Hello Glyn, well I can't answer your question but I can make a couple of comments. Hopefully constructive.
1. At first I wondered why anyone would want text-to-speech in a dictionary. Then I remembered that I have an "Oxford Spanish-English dictionary on CDROM" (OK its a few years old) . It has a (spanish) text to speech function. Useful to check pronunciation.But only works on PCs. I think you cannot buy it anymore from Oxford. Maybe a pre-owned one from the well known internet marketplace would be possible. PC only. I had it installed originally on windows XP and now have it on aWndows 7 64 bit machine . The XP box is retired like its owner.
2. I downloaded a sample of the Collins Concise Spanish English dictionary and had a problem explained elsewhere on the forum . I still might just get the real thing and try it. You can always get a refund I gather. So why not just try one of them? It will be obvious if (probably) it does not have the feature.

Regards/Saludos y espero que te ayude/I hope this helps you
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  13 Nov 2011
Latest post:  17 Jun 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

This discussion is about