Customer reviews

Texas Winter (Texas Series Book 2)
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.99

on 18 September 2017
Yey! Jack and Riley are back with more outrageous drama and a soap opera story which sees the FBI involved with the historical dirty dealings of Riley's dead brother Jeff and a personal surprise in the form of an eight-year-old.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 27 November 2016
This tale technically can be read as a standalone, but you'll enjoy it best if you've read book 1, as a whole host of previous characters, not just the leads, make appearances and it's great to see them happy and well, and to know and see how Jack and Riley have matured as a couple. Beth is well, her daughter's growing and now Eden's on the way to making her own happiness, as is Donna. Donna's budding romance sparks some flames and I loved seeing Jack go all protective of her. I wasn't quite so OK with the 20-yr age gap that made her fiancé practically the same age as her son, but hey, the guys were happy and it's the season of goodwill, so...!

In this tale, there's a few unexpected things, some good, some bad, some dangerous, but all ends well with the Campbell-Hayes's family expanding, and with everyone happy and with lives going in slightly differing directions to where book 2 left off. It's a feelgood tale and it's rekindled my interest in the series and I'm off to read more.

Copy courtesy of the author and Bayou Book Junkie, for my reading pleasure.
on 4 February 2014
This is the second book in the series and I really did enjoy it! The two main characters Jack and Riley with their family's make for a very enjoyable storyline. In this book we are introduced to Hayley the daughter Riley never knew existed, she is so adorable and very quickly captured my heart.
This is not just a story about family, it continues from the first book and there is many twists along the way. There is a little less action in this book but with Hayley now part of the family, it's how it should be!
Straight onto the next book, can not wait to see what is going to happen next!
Highly recommend!
on 12 February 2015
To call this novel pacey would be an understatement, the plot hits like a submachine gun firing off rounds. I think I mentioned back in 2011, when I wrote my review of book 1 in this series, that book 1 reminded me somewhat of Dallas and Dynasty, pacey, action packed. Well book 2 is no different. I would have preferred a little more fleshing out personally, a little more language and less reportage, but it was certainly an entertaining read.
Not greatly keen on kids in my m/m novels, so Riley's eight year old daughter, the one he knew nothing about until she is dumped on him at the beginning of the novel, quite frankly didn't do anything for me as a plot line. Sadly the daughter is the main essence of this plot, so only a three star rating from me I'm afraid. Liked it, it was ok
on 18 November 2013
This was an enjoyed, interesting book, deep in parts but an easy read. I am a great fun of R.J's writes.
on 5 May 2012
Not as good as the first, Heart of Texas. Just a tad too clichéd for my liking. The strengths of the first book (plot, characterisation) are seriously lacking in this book. Buyers be aware this is a short story 126 pages if I had paid less for it I might not have been do disappointed with this sequel.
on 25 November 2012
Not as good as RJ Scotts' other stories but still and enjoyable read. A good story with some real "country style" themes.
on 4 July 2014
I enjoyed reading this book it is a good book part of a serise
on 5 October 2015
hetboy and the cowboy, cant get enough of them
on 18 September 2012
I read Heart of Texas which was gay Dallas and even tho the first book was bad I decided to give the sequel a go and I really wish I hadn't wasted my money. Riley is an idiot and hasn't got a clue and Jack, well he needs to communicate, rather than concentrate his energies on his horses, what a pair! There was so much more that this book could have been and it felt just like a cop out. Two guys getting a ready made family and the child is perfect? What the heck??? Is this for real?? It was totally lacking in reality. Yeah I know these books are all fantasy but come on! This was quite unbelievable and incredibly far fetched in places. I was starting to think that little Hayley was lulling them both into a false sense of security by being the perfect child, but alas no. I will read more by this author as Back Home and Moments were so much better than this offering. its good we don't all like the same things.