- Visit the Fish & Aquatic Pets Store for great offers on aquatic pet food and accessories from top brands.
- Visit the Pet Supplies Store for a huge selection of pet supplies from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Deals in Pet Supplies Page for great discounts on a range of top-brand pet supplies products.
- Visit the Fish & Aquatic Pets Food & Treats Store for a huge selection of fish & aquatic pets treats from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Aquarium Reviews page featuring ratings from thousands of customers who have used our most popular aquariums.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
Tetra Safe Start Water Conditioner, 250 ml
|Price:||£13.79 (£51.07 / kg) & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
|You Save:||£6.21 (31%)|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Tetra SafeStart contains specially bred, living nitrifying bacteria that substantially reduces the ammonia content by up to fourteenfold and the nitrite content by up to tenfold reduce harmful ammonia and nitrite in tanks
- can be used when setting up a new aquarium, as well as after use of medicinal products and after every water change
- an ideal combination with SafeStart is AquaSafe, which establishes an ideal environment for bacteria, thanks to the BioExtract formula
- keeps for 12 months without cooling at temperatures between 2°C and 30°C
- for all freshwater aquariums
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Creates a biologically active environment to allow the fast introduction of fish into a newly set up aquarium. Tetra SafeStart contains specially bred, living nitrifying bacteria that substantially reduce harmful ammonia and nitrite in tanks reduces the ammonia content by up to fourteenfold and the nitrite content by up to tenfold can be used when setting up a new aquarium, as well as after use of medicinal products and after every water change an ideal combination with SafeStart is AquaSafe, which establishes an ideal environment for bacteria, thanks to the BioExtract formula keeps for 12 months without cooling at temperatures between 2°C and 30°C for all freshwater aquariums
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Ammonia levels soared, despite trying nearly every bacteria aid product out there, and this continued for 2 months (lots of pwc, more chemicals that I care for). 2 weeks after starting with Tetra Safe Start I have my weekly average ammonia level down from 35ppm to 0ppm and no more nasty chemical additives.
Fantastic - a total must for new or uncycled tanks!
1. Set up tank, fill with water (make sure to use a dechlorinator, such as Tetra Aqua Safe)
2. Run filter/s, pump/s and heater/s for 24hours. This isn't just to make sure that all work OK, Tetra have said that Safe Start should be used 24hours after using a dechlorinator product.
3. Lightly stock with fish.
4. At the same time as adding fish, add Safe Start. Shake the bottle vigorously beforehand. The water will go cloudy. This is normal.
5. Feed fish lightly for two weeks.
6. Don't do a substrate clean/partial water change for 2 weeks (unless you've done something wrong and you have a big Ammonia or Nitrite reading after 1 week)
7. After two weeks you should have readings of Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0 and a reading for Nitrate. The reading for Nitrate is good (as long as it isn't excessive) as it shows your tank is cycled/cycling.
8. Do not immediately add more fish after those 2 weeks. Do your normal weekly water change for a couple more weeks at least, all whilst taking water readings. Allow the filter/tank to mature further.
9. When you do add fish, add a small number at a time. Adding too many could result in the filter not coping and your tank could possibly start cycling again.
10. It can take 6 or so months for a tank to be fully mature and stable. So don't ruin your hard work after a successful start by immediately fully stocking with fish you want. Take it slow, or there is a very, very good chance it will all go belly up.
Oh yeah, couple points for potential fishkeepers.
1. You can't overdose with Safe Start. I pretty much double dosed in the two tanks I've used it in. It's not a chemical, it's bacteria, so overdosing (IMO) can only help.
2.Read more ›
I have occasionally had a small nitrite spike after changing filters and a small dose of Safe Start has rapidly reduced the nitrite to zero.
Here's a breakdown of my start up of a 40 gallon tank:
1) The tank had been running for 4 days before to clear the water (I used a sand substrate so the water needed to clear)
2) Conditioned the water the day before to remove any bad chemicals in the tap water.
3) Shook the Tetra safe start bottle.
4) Emptied half the bottle into my Bio media (Ceramic noodles) and half in the water.
5) Went to the LFS and purchased 6 Cory catfish (these were the hardiest fish on our wanted list)
6) Went through the normal process of letting the bag sit on the top of the tank for 20 minutes, then adding some of my water to the bag then waiting another 20 minutes.
7) I'm on day 5 now and every water test has been perfect.
8) It says wait 2 weeks before a partial water change but I maybe brave and do it after 1 week.
9) The Cory catfish are looking good and will be relaxing in my new 40 gallon for the next 2 weeks or so before some new friends arrive.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Haven't had any fish die after water changes, so I suppose that's a good sign that it works.Published 2 days ago by Andy M
Had 2 bottles of this and neither tank cycled in the 2 weeks as stated on bottlePublished 4 months ago by Lee
have used this product for a number of years with very good resultsPublished 11 months ago by Alan Langdell
I bought this product to cycle a new tank, and had very little luck with it.
I bought it after reading some comments that they had their ammonia and nitrite levels at 0... Read more