- 3 for 2 on select pet supplies with promo code PW5J5M5GQX7H Enter code PW5J5M5GQX7H at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Visit the Fish & Aquatic Pets Store for great offers on aquatic pet food and accessories from top brands.
- Visit the Pet Supplies Store for a huge selection of pet supplies from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Deals in Pet Supplies Page for great discounts on a range of top-brand pet supplies products.
- Visit the Fish & Aquatic Pets Food & Treats Store for a huge selection of fish & aquatic pets treats from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Aquarium Reviews page featuring ratings from thousands of customers who have used our most popular aquariums.
Other Sellers on Amazon
& FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20.00. Details
+ FREE UK delivery
Tetra Aquarium 6-in-1 Test Strip
|Price:||£7.48 (£18.70 / 100 g) & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
|You Save:||£5.27 (41%)|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Dip test for instantly checking water quality
- Tests for 6 essential water quality parameters in less than 60 seconds
- Compare the colours to the chart on the pack to get your readings
Save 5% when you subscribe to regular deliveries of this item. Save 15% on your entire delivery when you subscribe to 5 or more items that arrive in the same month. No commitments, no obligations, and delivery is FREE. Learn more
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Dip test for instantly checking water quality. Good water quality is the key to healthy fish and a troublefree aquarium. Traditional methods of testing are not ideal for situations where time is limited or when frequent testing is necessary for example in newly set up aquariums.
The TetraTest 6 in 1 Quicktest offers a perfect solution by testing for 6 essential water quality parameters in less than 60 seconds.
Easy and quick to use 6 readings in 60 seconds Tests for pH Nitrite Nitrate KH carbonate hardness GH general hardness Chlorine Simply dip the test strip in the water for a few seconds remove and then wait a minute for it to change colour.
Compare the colours to the chart on the pack to get your readings.
Always read the instructions before use.
Testing every 23 days in newly set up aquariums and once a week in established aquariums. 25 strips
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
These aren't quite as accurate, as I have used a test strip, then taken a water sample to pets at home and the readings were different, and the nitrate/nitrite was showing higher on the API test than on these strips.
As long as the squares for nitrate/nitrite are the best they can be, I'm generally not worried. If they get to the orange zone (a handy colour chart on the side of the tube) then I tend to do a water change.
Would recommend for someone who has a well established tank that doesn't need frequent checking. Anything else, I would go with the liquid and test tubes offered by API, as you get a much more accurate reading.
The colours can sometimes be slightly difficult to judge, but I can usually tell that I'm within safe limits. It's probably not the kit for you if you want perfect figures, but for general use, I think it would suit most people.
Nitrate and Nitrite are a more useful climbing scale of pink but the scale is not regular so no good for accurate readings. Still, it will tell you when the aquarium is safe for adding fish so if that's all you want it for, then go for it. Otherwise steer clear. 6 in 1 might sound like a bargain but if, like me, you end up buying separate test kits as well, then it's probably not.
On top of which the test chart printed on the bottle is difficult to use as matching a test result to its very similar shades can be very difficult. Nitrates in particular is hard to read - the shades of pink are all quite similar.
The tests are supposed to be compared after 1 minute of having dipped the strip in the aquarium water but certainly the colours do develop more given a longer time. You can spend a minute trying to decide which pink the nitrate test is showing so who knows how accurate the other tests are going to be after that length of time.
Because I was not sure these strips were really working that well I bought a liquid test kit and sure enough it gave me quite different readings, particularly in terms of pH and a much easier to read Nitrate reading.
Can't really recommend these as I'm not convinced of their accuracy.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Only marginally cheaper than local shop.
Seems a lot for so few strips but accurate readings having compared with more expensive testing kits.
Nice easy, quick way to check water levels although for more accurate reading I'd use a proper testing kit, but for people on a budget, go for it.Published 1 month ago by Linda
Very easy to use, just what I need for my tropical tank. Good value too!Published 1 month ago by caketin_2000
These test strips are really good as on the tube it actually tells you what to do if you get a bad reading. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Netty