- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
Muscle Testing & Function 5th Hardcover – 1 Jul 2010
|New from||Used from|
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
I have just finished my 1st year studying Physiotherapy and have struggled learning anatomy - mainly due to the quantity and complexity. However, this book is amazing. It's a hardback and will last forever, so justifying the cost (it's not cheap) but worth every penny.
Recommend to anyone needing more detailed knowledge of anatomy, how posture effects muscles and how to test muscles for potential weaknesses.
I'll be using this regularly over the next 2 years.....so physio students....check it out ; )
How does the book work? Well, you look up the particular muscle you want to test, look at the picture of the test position, and then simply apply manual pressure to the limb in the instructed direction. If it sounds easy, it is the way this book shows you- included are dozens and dozens of GREAT pictures that show you precisely what to do. So, if you have a need to regularly test muscles, I highly recommend you get this book- it's a little bit more expensive than some of the other muscle testing books, but its the best I've come across so far- in fact it sits right on my desk for reference. Health professionals might also be interested in The 5-Minute Plantar Fasciitis Solution for clients suffering from plantar fasciitis.
All in all, a good book, but not a great one, it does have the origins and insertions and the actions of all the relevent muscles and groups, but it does't go in to any real detail about pain, you are expected to know about the mechnisms of pain and sporting injuries, this book literally just talks about and explains muscles tests.
Most recent customer reviews
I got this book as a learning Personal Trainer for Posture and Flexibility Tests, I do not regret every penny I spent on this book it really is good. Read morePublished on 21 Aug. 2014 by stormknight
This book is written in the simplest possible way. The newest edition has so much.... It includes all aspects of muscle strength and length testing with excellent illustrationsPublished on 16 May 2013 by Sourjit
Very easy to study with excelent summaries very well organized
Unfortunately do not have all the muscles
Has some difficult organization in terms of index and some times... Read more
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Complementary Medicine > Chiropractic & Osteopathy
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Health Issues > Popular Medicine
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Ancillary Services > Occupational Therapy
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Ancillary Services > Physiotherapy
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Sports Injuries
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Physiotherapy
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Physiotherapy