Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Learn more Shop Men's Shop Women's

Terry Pratchett's "A blink of the screen"

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 29 Jul 2012 16:03:38 BDT
Alan Bird says:
I see there's a new book coming out called "A blink of the screen" and described on the cover as "collected shorter fiction." Before I rush off & order it, what is in it? And what if any overlap is there between this book and the hard to find earlier work "Once more with footnotes"?

Posted on 6 Oct 2012 15:11:48 BDT
W W Dug says:
It's what was missed and not in OMWF, I have seen the contents listed and had I been on my desktop I would have copied and pasted them.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Oct 2012 18:05:19 BDT
Alan Bird says:
Many thanks Doug - I'd better go and order it then.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Oct 2012 00:33:09 BDT
W W Dug says:
If go and click on the book to look inside, then contents it shows all I think a couple of stories are duplicated.

Posted on 19 Oct 2012 18:30:12 BDT
A. Emery says:
There is very little overlap with once mre with footnotes. Most of the stuff included has already been published elsewhere and only 2 of the 70 articles that were published as "Uncle Jim" made it into the book. I would have thought more of that work would have been included.

Posted on 19 Oct 2012 20:30:51 BDT
Alan Bird says:
Thanks to both of you. I've bought the book,

Posted on 19 Oct 2012 20:32:28 BDT
Last edited by the author on 19 Oct 2012 20:32:54 BDT
Alan Bird says:
(cont'd) ...but it's one for the completists I feel. [I've no idea why Amazon decided, all on its own, to truncate my message.]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  29 Jul 2012
Latest post:  19 Oct 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

This discussion is about
A Blink of the Screen: Collected Short Fiction
A Blink of the Screen: Collected Short Fiction by Terry Pratchett (Hardcover - 11 Oct. 2012)
4.5 out of 5 stars (207)