Format: Paperback|Change

on 26 December 2014
I was going to buy the whole set of "Terror Tales From..." books but I thought I would just try two and see how they struck me. I'm sorry to say that the "London" volume is, for the most part, bland. I liked the final Tower Of London story but do the authors really have to resort to cliché when describing the ghostly executioner as being "built like a brick S***house"? Lovecraft this isn't but then again I wasn't expecting it to be. I started with the last story and then went to the front of the book. One after another the tales just seemed to go nowhere so I put the book down and thought I'd try my luck with "Terror Tales From The Seaside". I feel "Seaside" is a superior collection going from what I have read so far. In this age of mediocrity I don't expect very much from new music, new films and new literature but "Terror Tales From London" fell below my initial hopes. Non of it is particularly riveting or scary .. I will finish the "London" collection but only after I have run out of other stuff to read. I was really hoping I would like this book but it wasn't to be.. but hey, try it.. you might like it.
on 30 June 2014
A brilliant selection of horror tales from some of the best writers in the business. In fact this whole series edited by Paul Finch is top quality. I am visiting London for a couple of weeks and love visualising the settings of these stories.