on 28 January 2014
Needed a new drill, usually buy cheap, as I only do the occasional DIY, but historically found that to be a bit of a "false economy"
so thought of upgrading, but after seeing the reviews on this drill, thought I would give it a go.
Unpacked box, not really bothered about a carrying case with it, as it fits into my previous one OK, have had Dewalt, Black & Decker and Bosch drills in the past, but this is up there with the best of them, and although I have only had it a few weeks, it has performed all the tasks brilliantly, and I still havn't had to re charge it yet!!
The handle has a good grip, and the overall weight is balanced perfectly.
Obvioulsy I will see how it lasts and re-review in the future, but for now, can recommend this drill highly.
Thanks Terratek

Geoff Stott
11 comment| 66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 May 2014
The drill itself is okay, I use it down the allotment, I guess I drilled 50/60 screws into wood before the battery died, so the battery is not great but would do for most DIY jobs considering for this price this is what you should be looking at.

As for the supplied bits etc, they are worthless, I went through FIVE crosshead bits in a few hours, they are made from soft worthless 'tin' from what I can make out and her is my proof:

I went to B&Q and bought a box of 25 bits for around £3.95 and I have used one bit from it so far and used it over 500 times, compared to the bits supplied that lasted maybe ten screws before they were rounded off and useless.

Thats right £3.95 for 25 bits from B&Q and I am still on the first one four weeks later, so yes the supplied pack of bits with this drill are a complete con.

If you have decided to buy this drill then buy it for less without the supplied bit, THEY ARE WORTHLESS !!
on 9 February 2014
Top class drill. Only take 2 hours to charge and you get a lot of use approx 45 mins. Really impressed with the power and durability of the drill. Light weight but very well built, will recommend
on 20 January 2014
I chose this product because it looked a sturdy drill,and it had good feedback reviews. very pleased with its speedy delivery,and have found it comparable to more expensive makes.good value for money
on 21 July 2014
An excellent drill for the money. I am really impressed with this brilliant drill now I've had a good chance to use it. It works as well as many drills that are 3 times the price. I'd get a more powerful one if I was a tradesman but for (even heavy, demanding) jobs around the house, it's solid and reliable. Well worth the money. Swiftly delivered also. Very reliable service from the seller.
on 28 December 2014
Perfect for DIY around the house. I've used this as a power screwdriver to assemble furniture, and drill holes into solid walls to hang curtain poles. Does all the jobs I've put it to well. The included drill bits are fine for lightweight jobs, but you'll need to buy others for anything more. Battery lasts more than long enough for any typical household task. Other reviewers have complained about the battery dying quickly, or the drill bits being bad… you get what you pay for. If you want something for more than the occasional bit of DIY then you really need to double your budget. This drill is perfect for most people at home, I don't think I'll have only need to replace this for many many years to come.
on 28 June 2014
My need for this type of item is as a DIY person. The Terratek satisfies my needs, seems worth the price, and comes with the extras kit. I like the small spirit level in the top of the body. Pity it does not have a cut-off feature in the charger, but then many others don't........why?
on 6 October 2014
Brilliant, so glad I bought it. As a single female who enjoys DIY this screwdriver is a must. I had a small rechargeable one before but it never had enough power in it and always needed recharging. This one last for ages and is really powerful. Saying that I haven't used it as yet for drilling, but I imaging from using it that it should be fine for lighter work, maybe not into brick walls, although it might be! Great piece of kit, would recommend it, only drawback is that I wish it had a carry case, at the moment I am still using the box and it is getting a bit tatty.
on 28 April 2015
Excellent value and even an idiot can use it (as I have proved). The drill seems to keep its charge well though it took me a while to work out how to charge the battery (couldn't be bothered to read the manual). It comes with the minimum of drill bits - all the likely ones you will need for wood plus some screwdriver tips. Don't forget to drill a hole first before trying to screw a drill into wood such as a door frame (lest it split). Choose a drill bit just smaller in diameter than the screw. You can buy further drill bits if you need masonry or metal (don't try using the ones supplied as they are for wood). Overall a great tool for the casual or beginner probably not serious enough for the pro but it has completed all my projects with honours so far.
on 28 July 2014
A great value for money piece of equipment. My old power drill had seen better days and would not hold a charge. This complete unit cost little more than a replacement battery and looked as if it would suit my needs so I decided to give it a try. I was not disappointed. It arrived promptly, fully charged together with some useful accessories. I put it to use a few days later and found it to be well up to the task. I don't need to do quite as much DIY these days and I expect this will easily manage anything that comes up in the future. Good kit for the home DIY user.