on 30 October 2010
Warm, waterproof and comfy. I've used them many times now on my cycle commute on cold and sometimes wet journeys. They will be essential over the next 4 months and although a little on the bulky side in comparison to proper cycling gloves they are a good deal cheeper.
on 15 October 2010
A well insulated pair of gloves excellent for cold/wet weather. Only draw back for me is they make my hands sweat and are not that easy to dry out, not that it really matters as they warm up very quickly.
on 26 December 2010
As far as the gloves are concerned there are much better out there for only a few pound more or in fact the same price by the time you actually get a pair to fit (explained below) They have quite a thin inner lining and the "wind/water proofing seems to come by means of a plastic bag type middle core which make your hands sweat. The outer glover however does seem to be quite hard wearing and well made.

When I eventually got a pair that fits as you really do have to go to the next size up I had to settle for the yellow ones as they had no XL in black. Also be aware that if you need to exchange these not only will you have to pay to post them back but also for "administration and postage" for the exchange items.
11 comment| 89 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 July 2011
This product arrived within one day of despatch using Free Supersaver Delivery, very efficient service, so make sure you have arrangements made to accept delivery from day after despatch as no tracking info available, very accurate image provided, although I can't comment on colour accuracy as I bought a black Pair, my Large sized Pair are a little tight; but not to an extent that creates a problem, if you are inbetween sizes I would suggest going a size up. Very happy with Tenn's, would definitely buy from this Seller again
on 17 November 2011
These gloves fit perfectly, good grip and very warm. not too bulky and not too thin to be too cold. I bought these for cycling and they are ideal.
on 10 December 2012
I bought these gloves to wear on my bicycle commute to work. Unfortunately the ends of the fingers seem to let the cold in probably because the stitching isn't great although the insulation is very thin. I've used these gloves once and probably cannot return them. I shall now have to buy another pair of gloves. It's also worth noting that the gel grip doesn't seem to be gel at all but instead a rather slick grippy plastic but with no cushion quality to them at all.

I'm not pleased as I'm down £15.99 so I suggest that you consider your purchase carefully.
on 16 January 2011
These gloves are brilliant!!!!!!
I have worn them on my cycle to work over the winter.
They have kept my hands warm, even when the temperature was -4.
I even had a snowball fight with them on and my hands didnt get cold at all.
Because they are quite chunky you lose a little bit of dexterity with the hands, but thats a minor point.
If you want warm hands in freezing temperatures these are for you.
on 27 February 2011
I have been looking for a pair of gloves at good value that do the job,infact they do it too well I only wear them in really cold weather as you can get too hot in them.
really good value and do the job well recommend to anyone.
on 1 March 2012
THE BAD:
Like many others who have commented, these gloves will make your hands sweat. A lot. They're, as advertised, completely windproof and waterproof, the problem is that's the same from the inside of the glove as well. The inside gets hot and unfortunately this isn't goretex so it gets incredibly damp too. Furthermore it doesn't aerate that well either so after you cycle out, you have to cycle back with damp gloves, which isn't the most pleasant thing. My journeys can range from 20-70 minutes and my hands will sweat regardless of how long I've been cycling.
Also I've found them to be a bit bulky, whenever I want to use my hands for anything I need to take them off.

THE GOOD:
They are comfortable and the wrist straps are large so as long as you can tuck your sleeves in, it will keep the wind off your whole arm.
The gloves are of the thinsulate brand, so they do keep your hands warm and I guess they can be used as normal gloves too but then you may as well buy normal gloves.

Final comments: DON'T BUY THESE GLOVES. If you have the money, invest in goretex, if you don't, buy some cheaper woollen thinsulate gloves (you'll be able to find them on the high st at £5) and save up for some. Sure your not getting the waterproofing but with the constant damp that comes with these gloves that's irrelevant.
on 2 December 2010
I cycle everywhere I go whether it be rain or shine and recently, as the weather has got a lot colder, I've been on the search for decent windproof gloves to keep my fingers warm. So far I've been using some thick ski gloves which are just not sufficient.

Well, after reading the reviews for these gloves I was convinced my problems were over. I received them three days ago and it turns out they don't work at all in cold weather. It's been very cold and snowy over the past few days and my fingers have been very cold throughout my journey to work, even wearing the ski gloves over the top. I am very disappointed as the journey's I've been on haven't lasted more than 40 minutes. The previous reviewers saying they were sweating must have been wearing them during June!
On the plus side, they have good grip on the palms and fingers but don't live up to expectation for the purpose they were supposedly designed for.
Alas, my search for windproof gloves continues.