on 13 February 2013
I'd been after a Gilet for quite some time but sadly been put off by the prices but then saw this by Tenn Cycling. The price was more than reasonable and then I thought, I bet the quality wouldn't be so high.
I'm glad to say I was wrong. I try and ride between 80-100 miles a week(weather permitting) and I've used the Gilet over a dozen times in varying weather conditions. It is Showerproof and Windproof. The material used appears to be of very good quality, easy to wash as well.
I'm 5'09" tall, 39" chest and I bought a small, a perfect fit.
Purchased the white Gilet, just to be that extra bit visible on the road.
You could pay well into the high double figures for a "branded" Gilet but I assure you, if you ride on a regular basis and don't want to pay over the odds then this is highly recommended.
on 28 November 2013
I bought this as a light-weight option for days out on the bike when the weather is questionable, or it is an early start so chilly to begin with.

The gilet folds away into it’s own pocket and easily fits into a pocket on the back of a cycling jersey (or you can simply stuff it directly into the jersey pocket!), so once up to temperature it can be stowed away without any problems – conversely it can be carried and easily pulled out to wear should the need arise.

The material is very thin, so while it stops the wind, it does not provide any real thermal properties other than removing the immediate wind chill (unlike my thicker Gore running gilet), but it is good for taking the brunt of a light shower – just don’t expect it to keep you completely dry in a persistent heavy summer downpour, although it is better than nothing.

The back does tend to “ride up” a little, which can be annoying and adjusting the zip (up/down), on the move, is difficult with one hand due to the thin material and some snagging on the small storm flap, but if you can get a perfect fit it might solve or reduce the problem – see below…

Sizing is a bit on the large side and I had to send back the first one I ordered and drop down a size – which is still not really a tight as I’d like but not so bad I could be bothered to return it again. Having said that, the returns process was painless and very efficient when I used it for the first swap.

In summary, I have found this gilet to be good as a late spring through to early autumn top, to add some protection when it is a little colder, or if the weather is changeable, without breaking the bank.
on 30 April 2014
Hmm, whether this product is 'good' depends on the type and frequency of riding you do! Yes, it's lightweight and compact, which indicates it's true purpose as 'emergency' protection in inclement conditions.

Myself, I do a mixture of Cross-country trails, mountain biking and a little bit of road cycling, on average twice a week in the UK, where weather conditions can be quite changeable. When cycling I usually carry a rescue kit in a small backpack, meaning the product needs to cope with the 'rubbing' of the backpack whilst riding. Unfortunately, this is where the lightness of the product is a bit of a handicap.

Whether the product is good value for money depends on the size of your 'purse / wallet'. I went for the Hi-Viz colour, thinking that I could use the product when on dark country lanes allowing me to be seen by drivers; which means the product is in constant use rather than emergency use, as a result due to the products lightness I do not expect to get more than 2 to 3 seasons use out of it!

I may buy a more 'robust' gilet for 'constant' use and demote this product to the backpack when caught in summer showers!
on 28 January 2013
I always get a size smaller than normal with Tenn, they come up a little larger than normal and I'd rather have a slightly tighter cycling fit than baggy. Easily as good as more expensive branded tops that I have but for half the price. This is good in the winter because you can wear your usual jacket with this over the top for visibility.
on 29 September 2014
At 5' 10 and 13 st with 40'' chest Normally a large in most things but glad I ordered med as its fits comfortable over a base layer and jersey. Packs down small enough to fit in back jersey pocket and packs into its own rear pocket. Good breathability and well made, kept the chill and showers at bay. Wished I had brought one months ago. Went for yellow and sure will stand out well on the road. Lost one star as the mud has left stains all over once wiped off but am hoping will wash out in due course.
on 15 October 2013
Very handy. Really light and packs nice and small to go into the pocket of your cycling jersey or saddlepack for emergencies. Not the warmest or the the most waterproof but copes with a summer shower well enough and helps to keep the wind off if the weather turns on you when you are out.

Pocket in the back is only velcro tabbed, so wouldn't keep anything important in it.
on 25 October 2013
I wondered whether it could be good quality considering the price in comparison to similar gilets. It is! I've worn it a lot and it has proved windproof and certainly showerproof; it is light and packs away small. The rear pocket is small-ish (not lost anything from it as yet) with velcro closure.
Well worth it!
on 20 August 2013
have worn this item twice since purchase. Although appears very thin material it does the job of keeping the cold from your chest without over heating. Good protection when riding through light summer shower on last ride. For the price a very good addition to my cycling clothing.
on 15 November 2013
Just what's needed to reduce the wind chill on these colder mornings without the 'boil in the bag' effect of a full jacket. No problem with the sizing. I am a medium fit for most brands and and also with Tenn
on 16 July 2013
About what I expected for the price .Useful to stuff in your back pocket or saddle-bag and to stick on if you get a shower or meet a headwind or on down hill stretches . No front pockets though or anything fancy at the price ,got a small based on others comments I'm usually a medium at least and it fits ok but I think the medium would have been just fine too.Would possibly be useful in the Winter as an extra layer under a jacket .

See one answered question