on 21 May 2017
I like the quality and style of Tenn products and have bought a good number over the last few years but I find the sizing incredibly inconsistent. I bought this pair as XL, UK 36-38" waist and I can't even do them up where I have another pair by Tenn, size L 34" that are too big for me. Unless I can be sure that the sizing is accurate, I can't be bothered to buy them as sending them back is extra hassle.
review image
on 9 August 2013
I have had more expensive MTB shorts which were very good but costly, I took a punt on these because of the cost and I also thought the styling was good. They don't disappoint and the use of technical, quick drying fabrics only serves to make them comfortable while riding and unlike other manmade fabrics these are quiet when on the move.
The high back ensures you're covered when in position and the side adjusters work very well. These shorts are true to size, XL fits my 36-38" waist perfectly with adjustment either way.

Very pleased with my purchase!
on 23 May 2013
Not much to say other than they are a great fit, made of good quality rugged material, extremely well put together and comfortable.

I also have shorts from Gore and Altura and these are just as good and half the price!

I would just comment that the black strips on the front of the shorts (in the picture) are not pockets, they are just part of the design.
on 5 October 2012
Bought these shorts just before the start of the warm weather and was really pleased with them. Great price, fitted really well and looked great. I personally found them a little warm to wear as the temp increased and ended up with a sweaty back at the top of the shorts so stopped wearing till it cooled down a bit. Then after wearing again recently found the mesh lining to gather up through constant rubbing on the tops of my legs which then caused the fronts to stick out and look a bit weird. I contacted Tenn who kindly sent me a replacement pair straight away which i thought was great customer service but by the time i emailed back to find out their opinion of the original fault my second pair had done the same. They have since suggested me to get another totaly different pair but not sure if they mean purchase or exchange so waiting to hear back from my latest email. Will update this review once i know.......
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 5 September 2014
I ordered an XL as I'm a waist 38 but they nowhere near fit as it's comparable to a size M in my opinion....even have to pay for return postage....bought other shorts in my local Go Outdoors (polaris am 500) and a size XL fits great.....sure the shorts look good value for money if they fit in the first place....
on 24 October 2014
Looks great, good low price and feel like really hard wearing material, however, I purchased the extra large (36-38 inch) and they came very small, I am a 36 inch waist on a good day and a 38 on a very fat day, and these were really difficult to put on let alone do up, took quite a lot of strength to do up and it's shows how good the pressstud button was to hold up and not undo itself! I checked the label and the size was correct but I'd say they wear closer to a 34"!! I suppose I can use the smaller size as a target to aim for!
on 1 June 2013
very comfortable shorts, will agree with other reviews that you will sweat in them but it wont uncomfortable. Really love wearing these, large on the label states 34-36, my belly overhung them but I am not bothered as I am now watching it shrink as I use them as a guide line for losing weight.
on 5 September 2014
Nice comfy shorts well stitched and quality fabrics, like the air vent style material where you sit as weather proof materials can lead to trapping body heat. Fast delivery and im a 36" waist and ordered the XXL as others recommended. They are designed to allow your legs to move freely when cycling, as not yet worn on cycle can't tell if this is a reality but looks good so far. I think they should last a few seasons.
on 31 May 2016
Excellent value for the price paid. I haven't tried any of the higher end brands, but these feel really nice on with plenty of room, haven't tried them with knee pads yet but there is plenty of room around the knee so shouldn't be an issue.
All in all really happy with the purchase, all that's left is to see how much abuse they can take😀
on 18 January 2017
Not very comfortable on the waistband