Customer reviews

on 17 April 2013
Nobody writes erotica like Selena Kitt and this story is no exception, but I didn't enjoy this as much as I hoped I would.

I am a big fan of Selena Kitt's erotic novels and 'Under Mr Nolan's Bed' revised version in particular. I've also read the original version of 'Under Mr Nolan's Bed'. The difference between these two versions is that in the original version, Mr Nolan is Erica's father but in the revised version he is her step father. This becomes important once they all begin to get busy later in the book. I know it's all a fantasy, but father/daughter incest was way too much for me. Ew. Without spoiling the story, the ending was also changed between the original and the revised version to a happy ever after, which suited me just fine.

In this latest version, the action happens in the 1950s, a more innocent time. Not for this family. The sex scenes in this were sublime, hot and a real turn on. The relationship between Rob and Leah was developed further in this story and I really enjoyed reading about a good old romance as well as reading the rude bits. However, some of the really hot threesome scenes from my favorite 'revised' version were cut altogether which was my first disappointment. The second disappointment was the ending. Again, without giving away the story, I can't now see how Rob and Leah can be together now. Ew (again).

Having said that, I eagerly anticipate reading the second and third part of this new version of the story in the hope that some of these details change along the way. And also, frankly, because I am absolutely confident that the sex scenes will be superb, so stuff the story eh?

I got this story as a free download in return for an honest review.
on 14 April 2013
I loved this book! it was described as fifty shades meets flowers in the attic, and it didnt disapiont. 'Flowers....' is my all time favourite book, and it had the drama of that combined with very hot sex scenes, maybe not everyones taste, but it is mine so therefore i rate this book a five star. There is one point i would make tho, i dont think it detracts from the story, but the story is left open for a continuation, and i dont think it brings a satisfactory end to this one, its like the ending of a chapter,and it leaves you wanting to read more,but there isnt any with this book.
on 2 April 2013
I received my copy from the author and rated it 4.5 stars.

Set in the 1950's this is a wonderful and imaginative story of sexual awakening and forbidden love. And, as awakenings go, this is a rather abrupt one. It takes young Leah little or no time to change from an inexperienced innocent into a wanton sex vixen. What starts of as guiltily exploring unknown pleasures soon turns into actively pursuing and creating every opportunity to be intimate with the man she has fallen in love and in lust with.

The sexual tension spills off the page. The writing is so good that you can feel the excitement yourself while reading. It is almost as if, with Leah, you are discovering your own sexuality all over again. I can't speak for anybody else, but it brought some delightful memories back to me. In fact, I think I enjoyed those early scenes, when the whole sexual experience is still completely new to Leah more than the later ones.

This is definitely an erotic story rather than a romance with erotic overtones. The scenes are well written, descriptive and very easy to visualise. In fact, the whole book is well written. The story is told from Leah's point of view and it is especially easy to get a good picture of her character. The one thing I did question in this story is the confidence with which Leah interprets Mr. Nolan's thoughts and feelings. It just doesn't seem realistic that she would have such a well developed intuition or insight into his emotions. Not only do I not quite believe an inexperienced 18 year old would be so insightful, I have a hard time believing anybody could.

I actually went so far as to google the average age people start college at, and that turns out to be 17 or 18. The fact that these girls seem younger than that is due to the story being set in 1953 when young people were supposed to stay innocent longer - I would love to say when the world was a more innocent place but I don't think that would be true -. The fact that the two girls in this story are as young as they are and that Leah falls for and gets intimate with her friend's father may be a step too far for some readers. Just as I'm sure that some people will take offence at some descriptions relating to the Catholic Church and the two priests in the book. I didn't feel offended or embarrassed at anything described in this book, but I have been told that I'm a bit more liberal than a lot of people around me.

This book is a re-written version of both "Under Mr. Nolan's Bed" and "Plaid Skirt Confessions". Since I've read neither of those two earlier stories I can't say how they compare to this one. What I can say is that I enjoyed this book so much that I'm delighted that I already have a copy of the sequel on my Kindle. I'm not entirely sure where this story may be going next but I do know that I'm going to enjoy finding out.
on 4 October 2016
Leah falls for her best friends father and after seeing very suggestive photos and film reels she want to find out what sex is all about. With Rob the father. There is lots of sex and in the end he wants more only he discovers something about Leah and she overhears. She then disappears and the Catholic church is somehow involved.
on 15 April 2016
Not what I expected especially with it being new adult I was disgusted with the material that was used I would say it's more adult/erotic than new adult. Very disappointed that it wasn't the genre that I was expecting.
on 8 October 2014
Titilating reading to start, but soon got repetitive and boring. The sex scenes are pretty much all the same.
on 12 April 2016
Had read this book before but it must have been under a different title so, obviously, did not read again
on 24 July 2013
OMG!!! I could not put this down, absolutely loved it! I just hope the next 2 books are as good :-)
on 5 October 2014