on 19 November 2013
This guide is another fantastic help from the author, part of the Jobseeker's Series. The tips it contains are great, lots, and structured into three parts: how to prepare before taking the call, how to perform during your interview and lastly, how to close and make a very good last impression. I find this structure very easy to follow, straight to the point, and it leaves me the valuable time to take action, do my research and put it in practice. The best feature of the guide is that is concise, short, punchy; it is all you need for a successful telephone interview. It shows you how to beat the nerves, how to stay on top of your game, how to answer the tricky questions, what to say, what not to say, and when to say it. This guide has helped me enormously and I would highly recommend it to anyone. I had two telephone interviews yesterday and they invited me to meet them face to face! The feeling is great and I couldn't have done it without the amazing advice in this guide. Read it and you will agree!
on 10 April 2013
I was really looking forward to reading this book and was not disappointed. It is laid out in a very easy to follow format with chapters that take you step-by-step through the process you need to follow to achieve the best results you can from a telephone interview.

There is some great advice and for this reason I will be using this book as a continual reference book rather than something you would read once and throw away. There is so much information that it is best to read over more than once before a telephone interview to make sure you get the most from this valuable book.

One section I particularly thought was worth far more than the price of the book was the section about booking a mock telephone interview to make sure you have your new skills nailed before moving onto a real interview.
on 11 March 2013
Having left my preparation for my telephone interview way too late I was looking for some advice I could trust to calm my nerves. Telephone Interview Success does exactly what it says on the tin! I passed my interview and have been invited to the next round.

I got the Kindle version and skim read it in about 30mins. There's lots of tips but the best section was the checklist chapter which you can follow step-by-step. It made me realise the importance of preparing my interview environment as well as what I wanted to say. There's quite a lot of obvious points made, but it's a helpful book if you've never done a phone interview or you want to know how to prepare what to say.
on 27 March 2013
This guide does exactly what it says. It's practical advice and very quick to read - I was cover to cover in 45 mins.
My favourite chapter is the checklist which gives a simple, easy to follow summary of everything you need to do. There's a really helpful tips section too.
I wasn't sure what to expect from my telephone interview. Now I'm much more confident. I would recommend this if you haven't done a telephone interview before or if you'd never been on an interview training course - some of these things I'd never have thought of.
on 4 April 2013
Full of useful, practical advice on how to Prepare, Perform and Follow Up a telephone interview.
I've used as a teaching tool for my 'Work Based Learning' students to coach them to be more confident interview candidates.
They found the checklists especially valuable.
Follow the Interview Doctor's advice to give yourself the edge.
Telephone Interview SUCCESS - How to Prepare, Perform and Follow Up (Interview Doctor Job Seeker Series)
on 21 March 2013
Given I have been refused, overlooked and simply ignored in most of my job seeking efforts, I can finally see why.
Information packed, this is true treasure for anyone who wants to graduate from job seeker to employee...

I will be sharing this book with my friends and look forward next interview success.
on 1 November 2014
Sam is an absolute miracle worker and his books are essential reading. Whether you have been working for years or are just out of school - follow his tips and you WILL get the job! I got 2 offers!
on 22 March 2013
This books gives you a lot of tips about how to stand out, prepare and perform in a telephone interview - absolutely reader friendly written and easy to go through. I found it really helpful!
on 5 August 2014
A cheap little book. There are some good points in it, but used a lot of pages to say the same thing in different chapters.