Other Sellers on Amazon
+ £1.26 UK delivery
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles [DVD]  [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Get £1 Off Amazon Video*
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Customers Also Watched on Amazon Video
Tmnt ~ Tmnt
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Yes, my family and I watched the new TMNT movie and I was, once again, one of the few or many that wasn't keen about the whole CGI transition and it just looked too kiddie cartoon to me. However, being a fan I am, I went to see the movie anyways because I always have a soft spot for my green heroes. The first live action movie still has a lot of charm to it, although it is almost 2 decades old, and it is really close to the comic book origins. I still, up to this day, have goose bumps while watching it and the one liners still makes me laugh. I realized now why the first one is such classic and the rest just fall flat - the sequels were toned down a bit and they weren't as gritty and mature as the first one was.
Now we are with TMNT - a rival attempt to the franchise- now let me say I totally enjoyed this movie and I think the transition from live to CGI was best suited for the following reasons: 1. It is easier for the viewer to be caught up in the illusion as opposed to the live actions films because we knew that the turtles were fake - guys in rubbery suits...
2. We finally grasp the sense of the turtles being ninjas - in the old films their movements were limited because of the obvious, but here they're more agile and realistic in terms of fighting.
3. Because it is CGI the imagination, scenery, fights can go wild because the sky is the limit with CG as opposed to live action..Read more ›
I do feel that our fellow sensei character didn't feature enough in this film, but it's understandable owing to the fact that the story is about the re-uniting of the turtles, and how Leonardo learns to direct himself and his brothers, and not someone else. Thus, there's a good family and team message to top it all off.
Personally, I enjoyed the sarcasm and humour, especially from our abounding Michelangelo, plus a funny montage from Donatello. I rather hope they make another sequel in 3D, because I'll be pre-ordering this today and reliving the fantasy of my childhood as I put in on to play - let's just hope they put some decent extras in to a 2-disc version!
I wont bore you with plot synopsis here, you can read that anywhere. Just let me list my top three reasons why i think this movie rocks!
1. Leo & Raph's rain drenched rooftop fight. Something a lot of fans, have waited a long time to see, sibling rivalry finally boils over in the only way it can, when those brothers happen to be Ninja. Beautifully animated, choreographed, & full of dramatic tension, this is the real highlight of the movie.
2. Raph's diner battle with the Jersey Devil. Violent, funny & a real pleasure to watch. That its soundtracked by Ram Jam's "Black Betty" (albeit a new cover version.) only adds to the awesomeness!
3. The voice cast. Patrick Stewart, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Chris Evans and the late, great Mako ( Conan- the Arnie ones!) lending his distinctive pipes to Splinter. 'Nuff said! Highly recommended, its like Turtles 3 never happened. Which can only be a good thing!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It's got some great visuals and the art direction is good, but the plot is pretty bad and the dialogue lacks the irony and goofy wit of the earlier 90's movies. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Brandon H.S.
I just want to say a big thank you for TMNT- teenage mutual ninja turtles dvdPublished 10 months ago by Samantha smith