Teenage Engineering OD-11 Hi Fi Cloud Speaker with Wi-Fi
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- 100 watt wireless hifi multi room cloud speaker
- true wireless stereo (when two units purchased) true multi room capability
- Fully supports iOs, Android, Windows, Apple Music, Spotify, Airplay and Apple TV and all major streaming services
- Everything built in to play from any platform, device or hardware
- PCM Optic cable and 3mm Stereo Line In functionality
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
The Carlsson loudspeaker is back The new OD-11 is a carefully re-engineered version ofthe legendary ortho directional loud-speaker by StigCarlsson from 1974Now with a built-in computer, 100 watt amplifier and the very latest wifi and blue tooth technologyIt's upgraded to play all your music, from any device, in wireless stereoApple MUSIC and SPOTIFY ready, out of the boxThe unmistakably warm and relaxed carlsson sound has returned.
One OD-11 Cloud Speaker
Carlsson canvas carry bag
Please note that UK plug is included in the box.
From the Manufacturer
OD-11 cloud speaker
"my speakers are the only speakers in the world designed for use in a regular home"
OD-11 cloud speaker
The Carlsson loud speaker is back
The new OD-11 is a carefully re-engineered version of the legendary ortho directional loud-speaker by stig carlsson from 1974. Now with a built-in computer, 100 watt amplifer and the latest wifi & bluetooth technology.
It's upgraded to play all your music, from any device, in true wireless stereo and with multi room capability. (when two or more units purchased)
Download our app...
- The unmistakeably warm and relaxed carlsson sound has returned.
OD-11 on the inside
Speaker principal: ortho directional, flow optimised bass reflex duct (tube)
Frequency range: 28 – 20.000 Hz
Dimensions: 262 x 272 x 262mm (10.3 x 10.7 x 10.3 ins)
Weight: 7.5kg (16.53lbs)
Materials: include high density finer board, reinforced plastic, woven steel mesh.
Design features: stunning yet sympathetic single design, for left/right placement as required.
Tweeter: high efficiency ferrofluid cooled neodymium cone tweeter Woofer: long throw pulp cone 6.5" woofer with magnetic short circuiting ring.
Amplifier: 100 watts ultra high efficiency design.
Wireless: latest beam forming wifi technology as well as bluetooth 4 LE.
Power requirement: AC 100-240V, 50~60Hz universal power supply. Inputs: 3.5mm audio in and PCM optical in.
Interface: + / - volume buttons, function button, RGB LED indicator lamp and stereo selector switch.
Re-engineered by Teenage Engineering Sweden
The genuine Carlsson sound
Re-created from original technical drawings, the 2014 version of OD-11 has the same dimensions, 10 liter volume, white cabinet with black grille, as when it was launched in 1974.
When it comes to the sound, the Ortho Directional speaker principle is more relevant than ever, delivering the same great sound as it did 40 years ago.
Re-engineered, with its built-in computer, 100 watt analog class-D amplifier and wireless stereo, the new OD-11 has evolved from a 70's classic to a complete ultra modern music system with everything built-in to play wireless music from any device or platform.
Ortho engine, inside OD-11 you'll find the ortho engine – a custom designed computer, processing the crossover filtering and all wireless communication.
Analog class-D amplifier, mounted on the side of the bass reflex duct is the 100 watt, high efficiency integrated amplifier. By mounting the amplifier on the side of the duct it's kept cool with the passing airflow.
OD-11 stands for ortho directional 1+1, meaning it has one tweeter and one woofer. In other words it's a two-way, ortho directional loudspeaker.
OD-11 made for loud cloud music...
- Apple TV
- Apple MUSIC
- Spotify (& Connect)
- all major streamers
free app and desktop controller...
Airplay, Apple MUSIC and Spotify ready
iOs, Android & Windows
Thanks to its built-in technology and wifi capabilities, OD-11 works out of the box with airplay on mac, iphone, iPad, apple tv and apple MUSIC as well as Android and windows, with itunes installed.
When playing music from Spotify on a mobile device, a digital token is sent to OD-11 telling it to handle the streaming so you can turn your mobile device off and enjoy the music.
Download our free app: www.teenageengineering.com/products/orthoplay
Includes Cabin mode
For when broadband internet (a router) is not available, the OD-11 has a mode that allows direct wireless wifi playback without the need for connection to a home router.
OD-11 mode indicator
The RGB LED lamp indicates the mode and status of the speaker.
See our installation video:
RGB LED (mode) indicator
Line In & Volume Control
Function (mode) button
AC & Optic In, Stereo Selector
Top Customer Reviews
This is the future! The sound quality is superb, it's open, natural and goes loud when you want it to.
The great thing with the sound is you can adjust it via the app, which is very intuitive to use. Setup was very easy, giving instant access to all my music via wifi.
The speaker looks great but is very discrete, you can place it anywhere in the room. Can't wait to hook up the new one for the full stereo effect, double the fun!
In summary: fantastic sound quality, brilliant connectivity and ease of use, and is discrete so my wife's happy! As a sonos owner, this is a significant step up in sound quality.
- The software is actually pretty good. I was worried that Teenage Engineering might place a bit too much emphasis on design, and ignore the software, but it's actually been pretty reliable and non-confusing. (I'm actually glad it doesn't support Bluetooth--in my experience that makes the interface unnecessarily complex, and the actual playing of music more unreliable.) I suspect that most of the glitches are mostly down to Spotify's connect library doing something weird, too. (It attempts to keep multiple clients updated with what's actually playing, but occasionally one device seems to lose its mind.)
- The sound is fine. I'm assuming nobody who's considering buying this is going to think that this is the best sound one can buy for £630, and I haven't compared it directly to anything other units, but I think it's very good, and probably about as good as it gets for a two driver unit.
- There are physical buttons on the unit for volume control, but they're right at the bottom of the unit and very difficult to access. If you think a physical remote would be useful you can buy the separate ortho remote for another £100 or so. It's a lot of money for a remote but it's very nicely made (no surprise) and works well. (Note that any device running the orthoplay app can control the volume and pause/skip, etc.--you don't need to find the device that initiated the streaming to turn down the volume.Read more ›
Next day, I tried one more time before calling the support number that is listed in the online manual, and it worked. Immediately, not sure why.
But, after this first unexpected hold-up, I must say, the OD-11 sounds absolutely great. I have put it in a corner of the room and tried it with all kind of music, and it all sounds crystal clear. No overpowering bass, but just right. This is the speaker you would have expected Apple to make visually, but with better sound quality.
The od11 is head and shoulders better than most other speakers out there. I think it sounds better than the b&w a7 and leaves the Bose soundlink 30 for dead. The naim muso has the edge for sheer power and soundstage. However you can hook up 2 up those speakers to get more power and a full stereo effect if you can get over the cost!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Ekat à sound ! I bought tEo and they works perfect with Spotify Connect. However is the sync between the speaker outside Spotify connect is lagging. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Amazon Customer
Amazing sound quality. Bought 2 of these and Spotify or iTunes sounds fantastic. Only issue is when using any direct line-in the audio briefly stutters at set intervals. Read morePublished 7 months ago by S.Kirby
Just love them (bought a pair with the remote) the sound is really, really good for an Airplay speaker. Read morePublished 9 months ago by vilden66
Small box which sits in the corner of the room and somehow manages to fill it with a gorgeous, detailed warm sound. Read morePublished 12 months ago by S. Green