- Product Dimensions: 4.8 x 2.8 x 1 cm ; 9 g
- Boxed-product Weight: 100 g
- Delivery Destinations: Visit the Delivery Destinations Help page to see where this item can be delivered.
Find out more about our Delivery Rates and Returns Policy
- Item model number: 78900
- ASIN: B010N8UP6C
- Date first available at Amazon.co.uk: 16 Jun. 2015
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (175 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 19,615 in Electronics (See Top 100 in Electronics)
TeckNet® Aluminum USB External Stereo Sound Adapter for Windows and Mac, Plug and play
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Enable USB connectivity with your existing 3.5 mm audio headphones, headset, speakers, or microphone
- Perfect to bypass a faulty sound card, audio port, or as a replacement for a broken USB audio adapter
- Leave connected to a USB hub or dock to avoid unplugging
- No drivers necessary. Fully plug and play. Compatible with any standard USB Audio Class enabled system including Windows XP through 8.1, Linux, Mac OS X and Google Chromebook
- Adapter is lightweight, extremely compact, and constructed of durable aluminum in a Silver finish
Customers who bought this item also bought
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
TeckNet USB Sound Card UA110 is a highly flexible audio interface, which can be used with either laptop or desktop system. No driver required, plug-and-play for instant audio playing and compliant with all mainstream operation systems. Simply Plug the Sound Adapter into your USB port, and then plug your headphones into the Adapter.
- 3D stereo USB audio adapter.
- USB 2.0 Hi-Speed specification.
- Backward compatible with USB 1.1
- Connectors: USB type A, stereo output jack, microphone input jack.
- No external power required.
- Plug & Play, no drivers needed.
windows 8, 7, Vista, XP, Mac OS 8.6 or above
- If the microphone does not seem to work and you have a TS microphone, a 3.5 mm (1/8 inch) mono to stereo adapter is necessary to adapt the microphone from TS to TRS.
- Most operating systems support multiple audio outputs, but only allow a single one to be enabled at a time. So this manual step of selecting the right audio output from the operating system's built-in audio control panel is essential.
Top Customer Reviews
I tested this on a few computers and it works perfectly with simple "plug and play" no drivers are required to use this. Win 7/10 also had no issues with the sound card. though it would also work on OSX and Linux too.
In the box are some brief instructions, the unit is much more solid than some of the cheaper plastic USB sound cards (I've bought a few of those and they are not very robust and are prone to damage) Inside is a Cmedia sound chip it's capable of 44.1KHz or 48KHz for both input and output (stereo output and mono microphone input) in 16bit, that's fairly normal for today's standard but the sound is pretty good without any notable hiss or distortion quite a clean signal. This isn't intended to be a high end audio product but an easy to use plug in solution. You might wonder why you would want to use this, but I've had damaged 3.5mm ports on laptops and computers, and you might not have access to front audio on a pc or have short headphone wires it's possible to plug this into a USB hub on a desk (one example) so there are a few uses here.
Some tweaking is possible via the control panel settings, bass boost etc though you can tweak the EQ as you can for any sound card on the player. For the extra few pounds it's worth getting this better built metal body (aluminium) offering, one minor grumble is the edges on the sample I looked at could be a bit smoother they're not sharp but I'd buff them down a little just to take the edge off. Little to fault in other places though.
The item is of good quality and looks professional. It has an aluminium outer shell with thick plastic around the audio inputs.
As it is a 'plug and play' item, it was easy to set up. I literally had to plug it in and wait for the driver to be installed (automatic) and away I went. The sound quality from both the audio input and output is good.
I really would recommend the product as it is a great piece of kit.
Please let me know if you have found my review helpful or not. If not, please let me know what's missing etc by leaving a comment rather than an 'unhelpful' rating. Thank you :)
Also if you have any questions about the product, I'd be happy to try and answer them if I can.
It is plug and play with windows 8.1, despite the numerous sound devices connected to my laptop my laptop in different ways it was simple to switch to this and it behaves well.
Sound, the sound is clear, no noise on the input or output. The output sounds good, this is a simple, cheap soundcard and arguing about soundstages isn't worth doing here, it's fine, a small advance on the built in on your computer, in terms of noise mainly.
One big advance over built in sound, you can use this as a separate output option, very cheaply, allowing you to switch between headphones and speakers with a mouse click. This is particularly good if, like me you use your laptop as the basis of your desktop setup too.
FYI: I was sent a free sample of this product for review but if you need a soundcard for any reason then this won't steer you wrong.
Update: the seller offered to give me a full refund and still let me keep the item so really can't fault the customer service.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Unfortunately, it turns out that the 3.5mm *input* socket is mono not stereo which is not stated in the description. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
I got this mainly to use a 3.5 mm jack microphone through my USB port. (The mic is an AGPtek Lavalier Lapel Mic, in case anyone is interested.) However, it doesn't work. Read morePublished 1 month ago by ekaruna42
Works well and was easy to get set up. Only problem I had with it was that the width of it covered over my other USB ports so I needed to use a small USB extension lead to give it... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
If you fit the plugs all the way you have no sound in or out. It only works with the USB part 1.5 mm hanging out and the same for microphone / headphone plugs. Read morePublished 2 months ago by GuyZka
Arrived in the stated timescale and was fitted to the PC for use straight awayPublished 2 months ago by Brin10
Bought this to allow me to use non USB headset for work.
This is great, well made and doesn't feel cheap. Plugged in, plugged in the headset and away we went. Read more