on 21 September 2017
Product arrived well packaged and in a timely manner. Product exactly as described.
Got this mouse to replace my old Tecknet X9800 gaming mouse as its scroll wheel had finally worn out after many years of hard use. The X9800 was the best mouse I have ever used, it was cheap as chips, sturdy, had a perfect button layout and the buttons were big and had a nice tactile feel.

This mouse is also very sturdy and well made but has a smaller profile than the X9800 (especially in height) and is much lighter. It is however, still a good sized mouse and is comfortable to use. I do miss the extra height though as I found this made the side buttons easier to use.

All the buttons work well and have a nice feel, although at first I had problems with my thumb tracking the correct buttons on the side of the mouse as they all feel the same, this could be easily solved by adding spaces between the middle and the outer pairs of buttons or by putting a profiled finish on every second button. I have since fixed this little problem with the aid of some super glue and some rubber pads.

They software suite is included on a disc and is easy to install and is relatively easy to use but it has its issues. These issues are just annoying and are not a deal breaker. Nearly everything on this mouse is customizable except the side button lighting which is allows orange.

Overall I am very happy with this mouse and I would highly recommend it.
on 12 July 2017
Great mouse from TeckNet here, lately i've noticed this company is making some fantastic and useful items, for example they sell a 3 port USB hub complete with an Ethernet or RJ45 port. This is perfect for slim line laptops that do not have the RJ45.

Back to the mouse itself
1 - Great weight adjustable in 4g increments due to a small removable tray
2 - Subtle enough to use for anything and the L.E.D colour changes slow enough to not be distracting.
3 - Good size in larger hands
4 - Very nice braided cable looks to provide adequate protection unlike many thin flimsy cabled mice from companies that should know better.
5 - Yet to try the software at the moment.
6 - five custom macro buttons designated M1-5
7 - DPI setting indicator light (Love this feature)
8 - Very quiet scroll wheel, reasonable quiet mouse click although i would have loved to have seen this been made a little quieter

Over all a great mouse with fantastic DPI settings to rival many far more expensive alternatives TeckNet provides a 2 year warranty !
Kudos TeckNet
on 20 June 2017
Works fine, I like the weights feature. The software is a little buggy but it's never caused any real problems.
There's no option to customise the colour on the mouse..but that's only cosmetic so I'm not bothered.
The mouse feels comfortable in my hand; although when trying to middle click I keep pushing it left and right by mistake, but I think that might be my precision more than anything. The extra buttons on the side work fine, though I need more practise with them.
The little DPI light indicator on the side is a nice little feature. You can have 4 settings which you can customise. The default ones don't feel too great however so I recommend playing about with it and finding a setting you like.
This is my first gaming mouse and I am quite impressed. Would recommend to anybody.
on 7 May 2017
Really nice quality and good for FPS games as you have 5 side buttons.

Quick note, if you are trying to assign left shift etc as a side button, you need to use the combo key option and just fill in the first box with your function key. You cannot select shift in the standard single key mode.

Took me a while to figure that out.

What I also like is the dpi indicator on the side of the mouse...

Good quality gaming mouse.
on 5 March 2017
I replaced a basic wireless mouse with this as was sick of lag while gaming. My PC setup is across the room so it took some moving around to get this in range, but I must say it was 100% worth it.
The reaction time is fantastic, the weight is spot on (and has the option to remove weight in 4g increments to a possible 24g less than it's full weight).
Using the included software you can change the DPI settings for the 4 on mouse settings. I haven't figured out how to get it to stick to one solid colour yet but you can change the speed in which the colour changes too.
It takes getting used to wires again but for a gamer it's definitely worth the price.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 December 2015
100% love it, The customization is really good with the option to change DPI, the colour AND the buttons amazed me. Thanks TeckNet for the great product.
I have had it for over 6 months now and yet, no faults.

EDIT 12/12/2016 - I have been using this mouse now for the past year and a half, and what can I say wrong about it? I've never had any hand strain or general issues with this mouse. It honestly still looks new, fresh out of the box. Its comfortable to handle, reliable and long lasting. The application/driver you get to modify the DPI and lighting has really helped me when working, playing and just general browsing use. (1000 dpi for precision work to 4000/5000 general use then the different colours to distinguish different presets).

Item: TeckNet M009 16400dpi, Wired Laser Gaming Mouse
on 1 June 2017
I bought this on a whim, I wanted to get a mouse with better DPI settings and weighted. I had a long look around because I wanted one with easy exchangable weights and I wanted one with not to many buttons on the side wanted to get as close to 3 on the side as I could.

I ended up going with this because it was the closest I could find to what I wanted.

Now I've only had it for a few weeks now so my opinion could change if it dies quick but so far it's an amazing mouse. The amount of customisation it had is unbelievable for this price, I can set it at any DPI I need and it's DPI changer is up and down buttons so it's easy to switch through them. I would have liked more weight to it but I can definitely feel it's heavier than my last mouse so it males it easier to aim on shooters.

This mouse is 100% ideal for anyone that plays everything outside of MMO games and MOBA. Though to play those all you gotta do is remove the weights and turn up the DPI. It's perfect for games like shooters though.

In short I highly recommend this to anyone that needs a new cheap mouse.
on 9 May 2017
A larger mouse than I usually use, if you have small hands I'd look for another option. The mouse itself is sturdy enough, I've had no issues with any of the buttons, everything clicks and rolls and you'd like it to. Software for programming the mouse buttons is simplicity itself, you can select from common defaults (cut and paste very handy) or program your own macro for each button. After programming you can use the mouse to any PC and it keeps its settings without the software needing to be installed on every machine. The LED's are a nice gimmick but programming them is a pain, simplest to just leave them at the default colours. It does look good though. For the price, excellent mouse, would definitely recommend.
on 8 June 2017
In short, it's not a mouse for small hands. My hands aren't tiny, but I can't reach m1 on the side without adjusting my grip. It's easy enough to deal with, just set that button to do something that doesn't rely on a conventional grip. Otherwise the buttons are all responsive, the DPI options are great and the profile options are deep and easy to learn. I'd just like to be able to change them in-game without tabbing out.

Still gets 5 stars because it's a great mouse - you can't expect the company to ignore the large handed people.
on 1 November 2017
It's a great mouse, and the ability to adjust the weight is awesome.

Ergonomic feel is good (my other half doesn't like it so much as she has small hands).

Its a shame you have to sacrifice 2 of the macro buttons for standard Back/Forward buttons that nearly all mice have these days, but its not the end of the world.

The only thing that lets it down slightly is the software. It's a bit clunky, and you have to go around the houses for some things.

Overall a really good mouse for this price-point. I'd get another one, and recommend it for anyone that wants a gaming spec mouse one a limtied budget!!