Top critical review
Great concept, still needs work.
4 August 2018
We purchased two of these watches for an up and coming camping trip to France. We wanted to give our 7 & 9 year olds some independence while ensuring they stayed on camp and we could see where they are.
The positives are;
- The watches are great for calling us on our mobiles
- They are easy to use and kids can send us messages
- monitoring of location is great for some of the time.
The negatives are
- sometimes when the children send us a voicemail it doesn’t always come through with any sounds, so I have to call them back to find out what their message was
- the location and tracking is not very accurate.
-despite selecting ‘GMT +1’ in settings for both watches the display time doesn’t update.
On one occasion I thought both children were together yet it showed my daughter on a main road half a mile away. With a major panic I called my daughter only to realise her Gator was in my bag by the pool. The location did not update for over 24hours despite using the Gator for calls. It didn’t give us much confidence that had their been an actual emergency we could trust the location services which is the major reason we purchased them.
Both my husband and I are on different networks and re uninstalled the app and reinstalled to calibrate her Gator location to no avail so it isn’t an individual network issue.. the only common link is the Gator watch itself. We really wanted this to work effectively but sadly will be returning as the technology is just not precise enough for it to give peace of mind that we needed.