Customer reviews

on 26 August 2017
Comfortable and quality sound.
on 13 October 2014
I'd been looking for a good pair of headphones for a while but held off because I didn't want to pay full price. After watching review after review on You Tube and reading What Hi Fi reviews I whittled down my choices to a few models including the AKG 550's which are on sale for £99 here on Amazon. Then I noticed these for £72.99 inc postage and decided I wouldn't get a better set of headphones at a better price.

Although often marketed as DJ headphones the box itself makes no mention of DJ instead using the term audiophile. They do have DJ features including a coiled cable and single side monitoring. In terms of sound they deliver very deep bass, in fact I had to turn the bass down on my amp to suit my ears. I'm mainly listening to classical music and boy do these deliver. Listening to Purcell sung by the mezzo Soprano Susan Graham was amazing. So clear it was like standing underneath a waterfall of the purest cascading water. Switching to synth band Zero 7 the bass was skull crushing at which point I reached for the bass knob on my Grundig amplifier.

In terms of comfort I now find them very comfortable, they are heavy even though they have plastic shells and you do feel them on your head but I found I had to fit them properly for maximum comfort. To do that I simply held them with the headband in the closed position and then pulled them over until the pad were directly over the ears. You also get a cord for I Pad/Phone devices and a nice pouch for the headphones.

In summary a great buy at this price and they perform as you would expect.
on 12 January 2014
Very good sound quality, and ear pads cut out a lot of background noise. However where the adjustment of headband size normally (on my Sennheiser ones) is positive (ie clicking into place), these are too loose, So they sometimes have a tendency to slide off.
on 7 May 2014
Heavy duty, good sound and nice to have different cables for main club/radio mixer and iPhone use. Sound great and very comfortable. Ive been in the industry for 35 years and would say these are the best headphones I've owned.
on 14 June 2014
I bought these headphones believing they were new. When they arrived the
Box had already been opened and resealed a number of times. There was no way I could give these as a gift and without opening I returned them. Very disappointed, however returns process was straight forward and no fuss. Their only saving grace.
on 20 February 2016
Used only for listening to music through a laptop.Broke within two months of buying them for christmas.This was the reply i received when i asked about a refund or repair.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your message and I am sorry that you have issue with the headphones. We sell many of these and as expected from such high profile brand, they are made to perfection. The narrow flap at the back of the headphone in built in such form that it is flush with the groove. It will not break by itself . You of course have 12 month warranty for any manufacturing fault but in line with manufacturers warranty conditions, Amazon and all suppliers do not cover physical damage or wear & Tear. Please see these through this link or refer to your manufacturing warranty conditions;

This is obviously accidental damage and you may be covered under your content insurance as they often cover for accidental damage.

As far as having this repaired , it is more of cosmetic issue and is hidden behind the pads any way . We are not sure if spare parts are available from Panasonic (owner of technics) , we very much doubt , but we can ask our supplier to enquire although it will be a chargeable repair and parts. If you have the small part that has been broken, you may be able to just glue it in place using just a few tiny drops so it doesn't show as it is only cosmetic.

Please let us know if we can assist you further.

Kind Regards

MD

Charming....Dont Bother.

P.S Proof read before you post.
review image review image
on 23 June 2016
Very impressed with these headphones...my friend has a pair and once I listened to music and cars I recorded on the track is had to get a pair...anyone who want a quality pair of headphones won't be disappointed..
on 28 June 2016
Quick delivery, great sound, look to be really hard wearing for djing as so flexible in the middle for one ear monitoring. Bargain at the price to when you consider how expensive the pretty poor beats etc are.
on 15 July 2016
Off the scale. Just simply brilliant They have a real thump to them!
Technics RP-DH1250E-S Professional DJ Headphones with In Line Mic for Mobile
on 5 March 2016
Unfortunately, I can't recommend these headphones unless you have a pretty fat wallet. I got these for nearly £100. It seems the RRP is twice that. The sound is great but the build quality is... questionable.

Normally, I'd consider a year a reasonable amount of time for a cheap pair of headphones, but these are quite an investment. I've been happy with these until the other day when they broke. Some plastic cracked near the right speaker and it won't attach anymore. So, since I bought these a little over a year ago, getting new headphones already is frustrating and the seller (magicdiscounts) isn't willing to help with this. Of course, I can't place the blame entirely on magicdiscounts because it seems Panasonic's warranty for such products is one year, but for this price you'd expect two years at least. I feel sorry for anybody who paid the RRP (£200) and met the same fate.

My advice to you is to search around for stronger headphones (perhaps searching the manufacturer's warranty too), even if they cost a little more, because in the long run you might end up saving some cash. I've learnt my lesson.
review image review image review image