Size: Pack of 1|Change

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 11 April 2014
Originally, I used to buy this Teapigs as a present for the black-tea lover, but after I tried it, I always have a box of Darjeeling Earl Grey at home! The tea expands in the bag and you can see that it is not tea dust (like in cheaper teabags). Please note Darjeeling tea is not your usual dark black tea, but a lighter and more subtle kind of black. The hint of Earl Grey (i.e. bergamot orange) makes this tea enjoyable even without milk, but I very often have it with a hint of milk and sugar.

Teapigs are doing great job with their selection of very good teas at quite competitive price (the money you pay for this box of 50 tea bags is worth paying!). I highly recommend the whole selection of Teapigs.
I have only recently (in the couple of years) come to discover how amazing Earl Grey tea is and now I can’t get enough of the stuff and this Darjeeling Earl Grey from Teapigs is my absolute favourite. I have had both the tea temples and the loose tea; where the loose tea represents better value, the tea temples are so convenient and I often have these at work.

I have uploaded an image of the loose tea, which is what you get in these temples; the whole leaf tea really makes for an aromatic and flavoursome cup of tea.

I love this stuff on its own but I have a lemon going spare at home it only adds to the enjoyment of this warming and tasty cup of tea. If you like Earl Grey or know someone that does, you simply must try this version from Teapigs, I cannot fault it. Fantastic, quality, tasty tea. The highest recommendation.
review image
on 17 July 2012
Never knew tea could taste this good. Drink normal Earl grey but this far surpasses anything else on the market. Hadn't realised what I'd been missing out on, well worth the money.
on 25 August 2013
Now then, full disclosure, I hate tea, can't stand the stuff. However, my lovely lady adores the stuff and recently bought a small pack of Tea Pigs Darjeeling tea-bags and fell in love with it. The stuff is amazingly expensive (in my eyes, being a heathen who drinks instant coffee!) so I searched for it online and found it available here in both loose and bag form so bought some. The purchase has gone down very well so is worth every one of the five stars.
on 15 July 2016
A high quality Earl Grey that produces a clean and smooth tea, with a very nice aroma much better than normal ones. The tea bag leaves zero fluff and the tea leaves are wholesome and don't flake off, making the tea very clean.
VINE VOICEon 18 August 2014
Very nice tea. Not quite as light as some other darjeeling that I've tasted, but that just makes the combination of the bergamot and cornflower even more flavorsome. I'm particularly pleased that the packaging is recycled and that the teabags themselves are biodegradable. Personally I enjoy a very small dash of milk in my earl grey, but this could easily be drunk without milk.
on 15 May 2014
I tried some Teapigs after Xmas when some spicy xmassy ones were reduced in the supermarket. They were fab, but way too expensive at full price. Saw these at a more reasonable price than the other flavours on the subscribe and save so got a further 15% off. No choice of flavours as the others all too expensive.

I like herb and fruit teas but don't really like 'normal' tea. I got these because my partner likes Earl Grey. At first I didn't like this but having tried with a slice of real lemon and a dash of honey I like it now. As staunch members of 'Cheapskates R Us' we tried making a pot of tea with just one teabag and let it brew for a few mins under a tea cosy. It was plenty strong enough for two cups so the box will last us twice as long - hurrah! (And before you ask - no I am not going to dry them out and use them again... although ....)
on 7 January 2016
You get what you pay for. Other brands use cheap Asian tea leafs including common brand earl grey labels and have almost no bergamont in them and taste and smell slightly acrid. These you can see peel and the flower heads as well as taste it. The flavour is very refreshing and with citrus and floral notes, you don't want to leave these for too long in the water as it rapidly infuses and can be a little unpleasant if stewed. Yes it's 4x the price of other common brand labels but if you like your earl grey to have real flavour then this is the brand for you.
on 12 January 2016
Having recently been given a box of these for Xmas I burned through them quickly and had to buy more. Absolutely love them!! They smell amazing and I love the way you can see the tea leaves and the little blue cornflowers in the bags. You can tell it's a lot higher quality than some supermarket tea bags. They are not particular strong, so people who like stronger tea may not like them, however I like the softness of the flavour. Cost a bit more than supermarket teabags but it's well worth it!
on 24 November 2012
Taste: 5 stars, Price: 4 stars

Its obviously a bit more than most people would usually pay for tea - but it is delicious.

I am a true Earl Grey fan - I would say this tea is more Darjeeling than Earl Grey - but hints of citrus in the background make it lovely.

Its nice and light - so light in fact that I drink it black with no milk (something I never usually do with tea). So I think i might have been converted here. To add milk would likely spoil its delicate flavour.