on 8 January 2001
I purchased this book on commencing studying for the ENB 998, Teaching and Assessing in Clinical Practice Qualification. The book appeared on the indicative reading list supplied by the university and it was also the most up to date publication held by the universities library, both of these being the key factors assisting my choice of purchase.
The books content covers the 998 curriculum superbly, going in to some depth in covering the course content. Principles of teaching,learning and assessment are discussed widely and accompanied by by an abundance of references and quotations
The book moves on to aspects that I believe would be well utilised post 998, such as Standards, curriculum development and management.
The book is well written and is basically an easy to read guide. It is very accessible and will prove a useful guide for those undertaking the ENB 998 but also those acting as mentors, preceptors and clinical supervisors in their own clinical areas..
I first bought Nicklin and Kenworthy's book when I was a new lecturer, and found it to be excellent. I have recently bought the next edition and found it to be every bit as good as the first. I use it as a resource when I am lecturing in education as it is clear and easily understood. I would recommend this to anyone who is undertaking training as a lectuer in Further and Higher Education, not exclusively to nurses.
on 15 January 2010
Comprehensive must have for those undertaking practice based education,clear easy to dip into reference book.
on 2 April 2016