Size: 30g|Change

on 12 June 2013
I think the company changed formulas because my most recent experience with this was not up to par with the rest. I used to love it and it had great flavors, now not so much. It doesn't look right, doesn't taste right...I'm overall just not happy with the changes. I've had much worse tea still but I'm sad to see this one take a dive.

I really prefer bulk powders to bags so you can adjust flavor. Organic is important to me too. I'm switching to another green tea- All Natural Organic - Super Weight Loss Instant Green Tea Powder (Over 100 Servings Per Package) - Buy One Get One Free!. Before this one changed, this was easily the best competition and now it'll likely replace my Davidson's habit. Great green tea seems to be harder and harder to come by.
on 3 June 2014
Still undecided with how I feel about teapigs matcha tea. I've heard raving reviews about this and was extremely excited to try out matcha tea without the great benefits of drinking this everyday but eventually the matcha powder has turned into little balls and it's extremely hard to mix into water to drink without it tasting all powdery.
on 17 December 2015
Being a green tea nut, especially Matcha, I recently tried this from Tea Pigs.

My own opinions, based on some 15 years fine tuning my taste buds to better quality teas, were this was of a very poor quality and I would not recommend.

The leaves this tea is manufactured from are not fresh, hence the dull green colour of the powder. It told me, without even trying it, that the taste would be bland and lifeless.

In all, a very expensive tea, there are are far more superior products on the market for less money. Next time you want to buy some Matcha powder look for a vibrant fresh bright green powder. Not this tired green sawdust.
I think Tea Pigs should leave the Matcha production to the specialists and carry on with their silk bagged designer teas.
33 Comments| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 June 2013
I bought this after reading other reviews and information of the product and yes, the taste is strong and bitter on its own but I mix my measure into yoghurt or fruit smoothies and you can't taste it at all. The energy release is brilliant as I play tennis and it gives me the little extra whoosh I need!
on 13 December 2013
I find this product very good. I wouldn't say I got a 'buzz' like I would with coffee but more of a natural 'clarity'. So I have actually stopped drinking coffee all together. I have recommended this product to friends and family. The only issue I have is with the price, however it can last a long time if you use it wisely.
on 11 November 2013
I was happy with the prompt service and delivery - however, I am not feeling any change within myself since taking this product, so unfortunately found it expensive - but many thanks
Have tried a couple of different Matchas and this one, for a plain flavoured one, still comes out best in terms of taste. Other Matchas tend to leave a rancid taste in my mouth but I have really gotten used to this one.

I take a shot of teapigs matcha every morning – I would highly recommend purchasing a mini whisk to go with it. I can’t say I’ve seen any visible health benefits, e.g. I don’t feel any more energetic than usual and no noticeable weight loss. So I take this more for the promise of its advertised antioxidants and nutrients than anything else.

Pros:
Better taste when compared to other plain matchas
Comes in a handy sized tin, makes it easy to store and keep fresh

Cons:
Slightly more expensive than other matchas

To sum up, if you’re going to buy plain Matcha this is a good place to start. You can save money from buying other Matchas but I always come back to Teapigs, it just tastes and looks fresher in my opinion.
on 10 October 2015
I think this stuff really gives you energy. I've tried all sorts of potions for all sorts of things and never felt any benifits. I've been taking this on and off now for a few years and can feel a big difference when I stop taking it! Then remember why I started again!
on 19 May 2015
Excellent tea of high quality and taste with a prompt delivery, the only reason I did not give a five star rating was due to being disapointed that the instructions said to only keep once opened for one month, which left me with more waste than expected!.
on 3 September 2014
I buy this product on a regular order and I add this to my smoothies.