- Enjoy £1.00 credit to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 credit per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Note: Blu-ray discs are in a high definition format and need to be played on a Blu-ray player.
- Important Information on Firmware Updates: Having trouble with your Blu-ray disc player? Will certain discs just not play? You may need to update the firmware inside your player. Click here to learn more.
Tchaikovsky: Nutcracker [Amsterdam Opera House, Ermanno Florio] [Arthaus: 108087] [Blu-ray] 
Get £1 Off Amazon Video*
|Price:||£8.99 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
LIVE RECORDING FROM THE AMSTERDAM MUSIC THEATRE, 2011
Clara Staalboom ANNA TSYGANKOVA
Prince / Mr. Drosselmeijer's nephew MATTHEW GOLDING
Nutcracker JAMES STOUT
DUTCH NATIONAL BALLET
Choreography TOER VAN SCHAYK & WAYNE EAGLING
Conductor ERMANNO FLORIO
Complete Ballet Recording
+ Exclusive Bonus Feature:
More than 150 minutes of highlights from 50 critically acclaimed opera, ballet, concert & documentary productions on Blu-ray Disc
+ Arthaus Musik Blu-ray Catalogue
Sound Format: PCM Stereo, dts-HD Master Audio 5.1
Picture Format: 16:9
Resolution: 1080i High Definition
Running Time: 108 mins + more than 150 mins
Blu-ray Disc: 50 GB (Dual Layer)
A delight from beginning to end. --Julian Haylock, International Record Review --This text refers to an alternate Blu-ray edition.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
This disc was issued not long ago at more than twice the price. My well received review for that release is copy/pasted below. Many may find it even more tempting at the lower price now being asked.
Previous release's review
This version of the Nutcracker Ballet by Wayne Eagling and Toer van Schayk was created as long ago as 1996 and has been a popular and regular part of the Dutch Ballet repertoire ever since. It differs from the Petipa based versions in several ways as described in some detail below and which may or may not be a problem for non-Dutch purchasers.
The setting is placed in Amsterdam in 1810 rather than a small German town. The time of the action is on the eve of St. Nicholas rather than Christmas Eve. This is because there was no tradition of giving Christmas presents in the Netherlands at the beginning of the 19th century. Neither of these changes seems to me to require very much adjustment on the part of the viewer - just a little flexibility, even though the use of ice skates for some of the initial dancing outside Clara's house may come as more of a surprise! It reminded me of my eldest daughter's experience of living in Holland several years ago where temporary outdoors skating rinks were a regular feature of Dutch winter life.
More importantly there are major changes to the 2nd act where, instead of being set in the Kingdom of Sweets, Clara dreams that she has been transported to a land through a magical lantern where people from Clara's life and the 1st act party reappear. These also arrive through the magic lantern lens which forms a central part of the backdrop scenery.Read more ›