Taxation Paperback – 18 Aug 2006
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Praise for Taxation:" One can confidently assert that a student should be able to tackle any tax exam after studying from this book." ACCA Students' Newsletter July 1998 "The total package is an ideal study text" ICom A Student Digest review --This text refers to an alternate Paperback edition.
From the Back Cover
Corner flag - 'NOW IN ITS TWELFTH EDITION'
Finance Act 2006
- 12th Annual Edition
- Class Tested
- Over 250 Worked Examples
- Over 250 Exercises and Questions
- On ACCA, CIPFA, ATT, AAT, AIA and IFA Reading Lists
Finance Act 2006
" One can confidently assert that a student should be able to tackle any tax exam after studying from this book."
ACCA Students' Newsletter."Melville is always particularly well updated, with changed material fully integrated into the text, unlike some books that seem to bolt on new sections at random."
Richard Teather, University of Bournemouth
"Taxation is an excellent text. Comprehensive in its coverage and set at just the right level no competition comes close!"
Paul Collier, University of Exeter
is the number one textbook on taxation in the UK. Now in its 12th annual edition, this excellent text has established itself as a reliable and comprehensive guide for students taking a first level course in the subject. This twelfth edition brings the book completely up-to-date in accordance with the provisions of the Finance Act 2006.
- Explanations are clear and supported by numerous worked examples.
- Each chapter ends with exercises that thoroughly test the reader's understanding of the topics introduced in the chapter.
- Contains four sets of review questions, one at the end of each part, drawn from past examination papers of the professional accounting bodies.
- Solutions to most of the exercises and review questions are included in the final part of the book. Remaining solutions are provided in a Lecturer's Guide.
New topics covered in this edition include:
- The new tax regime for pension contributions
- UK Real Estate Investment Trusts (UK-REITs)
- Changes to the venture capital schemes
- Amendments to research and development tax credits
- Abolition of the starting rate and non-corporate distribution rate of
- corporation tax
- Extension to group relief
- The revised inheritance tax treatment of transfers made to trusts
- Changes to the VAT annual accounting scheme
This book will be of value to both undergraduate and professional students of business and accounting, and will be particularly suitable for students preparing for the following examinations:
ICAEW Professional Stage, Taxation; ACCA Part 2, Business Taxation; ACCA Technician Scheme, Preparing Taxation Computations; CIPFA Diploma Stage, Taxation; ATT Associateship, Personal and Business Taxation; AAT Technician Stage, Preparing Personal and Business Tax Computations; AIA Foundation Level, Auditing and Taxation; IFA Technician Level, Personal and Business Taxation.
Alan Melville FCA BSc Cert. Ed. is a Senior Lecturer with many years' experience of teaching taxation.
See all Product Description
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Although it may appear expensive if you can only afford one general text this should be the one.
As a practicing accountant it also comes in useful for those tricky client areas too!
I found taxation classes very demanding and confusing ans so i used this book a lot out of class to decode my lecture notes.
I found this particular taxation book the easiest for me to understand. It helped me a lot to understand the subject in a deeper sense.
good, easy to understand and very helpful.
a taxation book thats written in english!!!!
The books differs from other books because there are numerous examples to practice with, which will prepare you well for any exam. The book is aimed at all levels of studying.
Buy this and fellow students will never look back
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The problem is that it gets updated every year.
UK universities don't go through all the programme and if you want a deep understanding of the details you need to do some self... Read more
This book presents a thorough examination of taxation in terms of income tax, corporation tax, capital gains, inheitance and VAT. Read morePublished on 5 Aug. 2001