Tax Havens Today: The Benefits and Pitfalls of Banking and Investing Offshore Hardcover – 2 Jan 2007
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Inside Flap
Anyone interested in "going offshore" in terms of their finances and investments needs to understand every aspect of this process in order to succeed. No one knows this better than international tax haven and offshore financial specialist Hoyt Barber. Fifteen years have passed since Barber first published one of the most well–rounded guides to the financial benefits and pitfalls of going offshore. Since that time, much has changed, yet little has been done to help you navigate this attractive, but complex, environment until now.
Filled with in–depth insight and expert advice, Tax Havens Today arms you with the knowledge, strategies, and contacts needed to avoid expensive mistakes and make the most of your offshore endeavors. Divided into four comprehensive parts, this timely resource will bring you completely up to speed on a variety of issues that anyone aspiring to go offshore must be familiar with.
Using Tax Havens Today as your guide, you′ll learn how to:
- Locate a diverse selection of offshore banking and investment options for any size investor as well as specific offshore tax planning and investment strategies
- Reduce taxes, defer taxes, and invest tax–free, while simultaneously protecting your assets and planning your estate all from offshore
- Weigh the advantages and drawbacks of forty important tax havens
- Use twelve proven criteria to make intelligent decisions on the best tax havens for your particular situation
- Further pursue the exploration of tax–advantaged offshore retirement havens and other countries with strong appeal to aspiring investors and expatriates
Tax Havens Today also contains over 500 contacts, including names, addresses, telephone and fax numbers, e–mail addresses, and Web sites of the most important investment, banking, legal, and financial advisors in the world all divided by tax haven or other jurisdiction and a brief description of their areas of expertise.
While governments may have the right to collect taxes, you also have the right to protect your financial sovereignty. Written in a straightforward and accessible style, Tax Havens Today will help you find everything you need to get started on the road to legally reducing taxes, sheltering assets, increasing profits, and living a better life.
From the Back Cover
Contrary to popular belief, you don′t have to be a millionaire to take advantage of today′s tax havens. In order to go offshore with your financesand investments, all you need is the proper information and guidance.
Author Hoyt Barber is a renowned tax haven and offshore financial specialist, and in Tax Havens Today, he draws from his own professional experiences to help you make the most of your offshore endeavors.
Divided into four comprehensive parts, this informative guide will help you:
- Avoid expensive mistakes and stay within the boundaries of the law
- Reduce taxes, defer taxes, and invest tax–free
- Discover lucrative investment opportunities available only offshore
- Find and contact some of the most important offshore investment, banking, and financial advisors in the world
- Explore profiles of today′s top forty tax haven jurisdictions
- Decide on alternative places to live or retire over ninetyexpatriate–friendly countries are profiled
- And much more
Filled with unparalleled knowledge and invaluable insights, Tax Havens Today will bring you completely up to speed on a variety of issues that anyone aspiring to go offshore must be familiar with in order to succeed.See all Product description
Top customer reviews
ps and to answer my own question Amazon are not strictly speaking tax avoiders since they do pay some tax but they are tax sidesteppers structuring their affairs in ways to pay less tax than they ought to
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
To people who are looking to evade taxes, you have to accept that a worldwide net is closing on the entire practice of offshore tax evasion, forcing you to ever dodgier secrecy jurisdictions, where--surprise surprise--thieves are waiting to part you with your money and vanish. In the end, just pay your taxes. You gain huge benefits from living in the United States and it just makes sense to pay for the huge value you get by living in the United States. The alternative is losing every penny you send offshore.
Look for similar items by category