Format: Paperback|Change

on 10 December 2001
My six-year-old regulary checks this book out of her school library. She is proud to now be able to read all the poems herself. A family favourite is "Brian's Picnic", and we have even named a particular attitude "Brian" as a result.
The illustrations are clever and colourful, and there is a variety of poetry types used. Some have an ethnic flavour which honestly lose me, but the children don't seem to mind at all.
We are looking for this and other Jill Bennett books for Christmas this year, knowing they are already winners with my kids.
on 15 August 2013
A super poetry book to share with my Year One Class. Great illustrations and fun poems, which the children will enjoy.
on 9 November 2004
My name is samee and me and my freind liyya read this book as a child at the age of 6. Since then we forgot about it. We are now 14 and 15 years of age! It is a joy to have found it and retrace our footstepds through these humourous limerics and poems. We cannot stop readin it, a real treasure and a fun read for all.
on 10 November 2004
Hi my name is samee and as a child me and my freind liyya read this book as children of 6. AFter that we forgot about this magical book. Now we are 14 and 15 and are over joyed to read this book and retrace our chillhood through this humerous book of limericks and poems. A great read for anyone any AGE!!!
on 20 July 2016
A little disappointed with the selection. Lathe illustrations are brilliant but some of the poems lack substance. Bought alongside the noisy poetry book which I think is far superior.
on 21 June 2015
This book of poems really does inspire children to write their own poems but most of all it is a pleasure to read.
on 18 December 2015
Lovely, bright, attractive cover. Full of lively poems. Ideal for 4 to 6 year olds.
on 19 June 2015
Ideal for encouraging young students to appreciate poetry.
on 27 December 2015
Nice illustrations and a few good rhymes
on 11 July 2015