- Actors: Sally Potter, Pablo Verón, Morgane Maugran, Géraldine Maillet, Katerina Mechera
- Directors: Sally Potter
- Writers: Sally Potter
- Producers: Cat Villiers, Christian Keller Sarmiento, Christopher Sheppard, Diane Gelon, Simona Benzakein
- Format: PAL
- Language: English, French, Spanish
- Region: Region 2 (This DVD may not be viewable outside Europe. Read more about DVD formats.)
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9 - 1.85:1
- Number of discs: 1
- Studio: Artificial Eye
- DVD Release Date: 25 Jun. 2001
- Run Time: 97 minutes
- Average Customer Review: 58 customer reviews
- ASIN: B00005KIVN
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 102,352 in DVD & Blu-ray (See Top 100 in DVD & Blu-ray)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ £1.26 delivery
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Film-maker Sally (Sally Potter) decides to take tango lessons while working on her latest screenplay. Her teacher is Pablo (real-life dance star Pablo Veron), and as the lessons progress the two fall in love. Sally promises to make Pablo a film star in return for his tuition, but their relationship deteriorates once the cameras start rolling.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This is full on art house cinema, in which art comes way ahead of story or characterisation. For lovers of the tango, or students of cinematography, there is something worth watching, although the story line is weak and unbelievable and the acting worse.
Avoid unless you love very arty films and/or the tango filmed in black and white
I just started learning to dance tango when I came across this movie, so bought it on a whim. I am so very glad that I did. This is definitely a film to keep and watch again. The characters are so real, storyline is believable and the dancing is fantastic! Although the dance sequences are mesmerizing, this is not going to teach you to tango dance. For that I would suggest one of the instruction videos available on Amazon. I would highly recommend this film if you like watching tango dancing and you like a good story.
By the way, my copy from Amazon is in Dutch (but who needs to understand the dialogue).
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews