- Also check our best rated Camera Bag reviews
Tamrac Evolution 9 Sling Rucksack - Black
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Foam-padded Computer Pocket: In back, a completely foam-padded laptop pocket holds most 17.3" screen laptops
- Mesh pocket in the back keeps small accessories separate and secure, while a Windowpane-Mesh pocket on the inside door panel holds additional small items
- Foam-padded top compartment provides storage for a light jacket, lunch, or other photo accessories.
- A tripod is cradled (centered and balanced) securely with Tamrac's QuickClip tripod attachment system while the lower Tripod Foot Pocket holds two tripod legs secure
- Feature zip-closing side pockets for accessories like a phone or iPod. The right pocket contains a removable rain cover, which can be slipped over the pack during extreme weather
Customers also shopped for
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
The Evolution 9 offers unprecedented versatility for quick access to photo gear. With its unique harness system, the Evolution 9 can be carried three different ways - as a backpack or as a sling pack worn over the right shoulder or the left shoulder. With Tamrac's Triple Access System, there are also three way to access photo equipment - through the front door and through two side doors. The Evolution 9 is perfect for a pro DSLR with a grip and up to an 8¾" lens attached, several additional lenses, and a flash. The back pocket holds most 17.3" screen laptops.
Tamrac Evolution 9 Sling Pack - Black 5789
Top customer reviews
A: not hideously ugly; and
B: not absolutely enormous.
While I'd only rate the aesthetics of this bag at around 6/10 (why are camera bags always so macho looking? Why can't we just have something minimalist with nice simple lines? Sigh), the storage is superb. I primarily shoot live music, and purchased this specifically for when I'm shooting music festivals and need to take my laptop, two gripped Canon 5D bodies, a few lenses (including a telephoto), as well as laptop cables, battery charger, BlackRapid double camera strap, small toiletries bag, a few bags of peanuts and cereal bars, a light jacket and hat, and a few other bits and pieces that you invariably need when shooting big open air festivals. Somehow I managed to get all of that into this bag, which isn't monstrously large, and stows away easily under the tables in a press tent. The exterior of the bag also has plenty of loops for carabiners to attach additional odds and ends.
Obviously it is pretty heavy, but that's a given when you're carting around that amount of gear. Overall I'm very happy with it; the amount of stuff I manage to cram into it is astounding. Despite the weight of everything, it's sturdy and comfortable to carry, and I imagine it'll serve me well in the years to come.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category