on 20 October 2017
This was much better than I was expecting. It's got a fantastic cast and that's the only reason I watched it because the trailer looked pretty poor. But it's like the trailer was for a different movie entirely. It's actually quite a sweet film, with complex characters with real issues, and it ends up being both quite funny and heartwarming. People enthused by the trailer may not like the film and a lot of people who probably would like the film may be put off by trailer, so that was a strange call production-wise.

But if you're looking for something a bit silly, a bit funny, and actually quite unexpectedly charming, give it a go.
on 7 May 2017
Not quite sure what the plot was, but the bit I saw was heavy and cringy!!

Can't believe Susan Sarandon accepted to play in this...
on 22 October 2017
This is a feel good movie, I like it a lot, I could identify with the characters and their situations, and I got to see some of my favourite actors again, my a few of them have changed quite a bit, but haven't we all!, there's a bit of slapstick, a bit of silliness, a bit of going wild and a fair amount of growing up, Lenora is a rock & the voice of reason!, Kathy Bates what can I say, Susan Sarandon, Melissa McCarthy, Gary Cole you fitted into your parts like well oiled machines! (Susan's character was very well oiled!)
on 6 September 2016
The premise of this film is exactly like Bridesmaids - a woman with low self-esteem and dozens of personal problems finds herself relying on a new love interest and close friends to turn her life around. However, Bridesmaids is a hilarious chick flick I'll continue watching for years, and Tammy is a movie I wish I had just put on before going to sleep. Melissa McCarthy is a fabulous actress, but the self-deprecating humor used in this film is relentless and mean. Cliches include her job at a fast food restaurant, her being obsessed with pie, and her constant eating.

The biggest positive in this film is the brief appearance of several great (but older) actors, including Dan Akroyd, Susan Sarandon, and Kathy Bates.
on 6 April 2017
very funny movie which gives you a good positive vibe at the end, can relate to her character. All actors were funny.
on 29 August 2016
I was drawn to this movie due to the great cast & the ususal notion that Susan Sarandon was playing a grey haired grandmother. She is old enough, just about ! That idea made me think was the movie, that had such a strong female leading cast, trying to turn other notons on their head, The older characters enjoying a sexual relationship & Ms Sarandon being older than Gary Cole. As moviegoers we always see the older man/beautiful younger woman scenario but not in this film. There is even an age difference between McCarthy & Mark Duplass.
Its was great to see lesbians sharing the movie platform too. Basically this film is saying you can have a crappy life at any age but if you take the prime responsibility for your life you can also turn it all around at anytime.
The film suffers from script/directorial issues but this could be down to inexperience or lacking the ability to harness such great actors, female & male.
on 17 October 2017
This film was funny in some parts and I absolutely love the actress who play both Tammy and the Grandmother. However, I really didn’t get the WHOLE story to be honest. I loved how they was having a girls road trip, but it definitely went all over the place.
on 27 April 2016
I love you Melissa McCarthy, you make the days just that little bit better.

If you're feeling low this is the film for you.
on 10 July 2017
had trouble finishing it this. did not really connect with any of the characters.
on 11 September 2016
A film that's proof that a big name cast doesn't automatically qualify a films quality. McCarthy has quite a limited range as an actor and requires the right supporting cast to succeed. If you've seen Heat, which I would definitely recommend due to a well cast partnership with Sandra Bullock, then you've seen the best of McCarthy. There has been a comparison of this film to Thelma and Louise - Er, NO. Seriously, what are you thinking? Tammy is as dull as dish water and should be avoided.