Talk Now Learn Pashto: Essential Words and Phrases for Absolute Beginners (PC/Mac)
- The world's best selling language learning CD-ROM series for beginners
- Essential words and phrases for absolute beginners
- Ideal for young learners, families, students and people going abroad
- Completely intuitive - simple interface means that learning is as easy as pointing and clicking
- Speech recording - allows you to compare your voice with native speakers
- Quiz yourself! Test what you've learnt, earn points and monitor your progress
- Nine topics: first words, food, colours, phrases, the body, numbers, time, shopping and countries
- Intelligent Software - remembers words you get wrong and targets your weak points
- Automatic Localisation - Choose the language you learn from (more than 100 available)
- IPod integration - listen to Talk Now! on your iPod for complete learning on the move!
There is a newer version of this item:
Customers Also Shopped For
- Platform: Windows 2000 / Me / XP / Vista, Mac OS X
- Media: CD-ROM
- Item Quantity: 1
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
The Talk Now! Range is the world's best selling language learning CD-ROM series for beginners, used by more than eight million people to date. Talk Now! caters for all types of beginner: young learners from the age of 4, families, students and people going abroad with no knowledge of the language. It is simple to use, with no installation required - the program runs straight from the CD, and is compatible with the latest versions of Mac and Windows.
Eurotalk software is completely intuitive - the simple interface means that learning is as easy as pointing and clicking. Speech recording allows you to record your voice and compare it with native speakers. Quiz yourself with 2 levels of difficulty to test what you've learnt - earn points and monitor your progress, then take on the memory man and get the maximum possible 1800 points to receive the gold award! Learn at your computer - or alternatively, print out pages of the printable picture dictionary, or you can learn on the move using the iPod application.
Above all, EuroTalk discs are designed to be fun. Research in the early 1990s at the University of California revealed that memory is greatly improved when accompanied by fun and laughter. Our quizzes, games and stories provide this and you will be amazed how much you remember after a surprisingly short time devoted to a disc.
What people have said
'You'll find you can't drag yourself away - in short, you can't stop yourself learning.' What PC Magazine
'The most entertaining CD-ROM language packages come from the publisher EuroTalk' South China Post
'Buying EuroTalk has helped me so much - the vocabulary I had learned in just 30 minutes was extraordinary! I look forward to learning more with EuroTalk software.' Robin Cross - 16th May 2008
'This is an excitingly different language learning series. Talk Now! uses games and quizzes as a basis for making the learning process fun and relaxing. There's no better way to teach and old dog new tricks and this fun element of the programme means that your fears are forgotten as you absorb words and phrases without even realising you are learning them.' PC Answers
What PC Magazine
You'll find you can't drag yourself away - in short, you can't stop yourself learning.'
Top Customer Reviews
Hearing the words really helped with getting the pronunciation correct, although there were one or two differences between the man and the woman. Not sure if it is a gender thing or not.
The facility to print out reminders was great and the interactive games to reinfoce the learning super.
A great product to start learning the language.
Given the current situation in Afghanistan and the border region of Pakistan where Pashto is spoken I do wonder when I will have the opportunity to ask "Da samader ghaarah cheri da?" (Where is the beach?)