Talk Now Learn Italian: Essential Words and Phrases for Absolute Beginners (PC/Mac)
- The world's best selling language learning CD-ROM series for beginners
- Essential words and phrases for absolute beginners
- Ideal for young learners, families, students and people going abroad
- Completely intuitive - simple interface means that learning is as easy as pointing and clicking
- Speech recording - allows you to compare your voice with native speakers
- Quiz yourself! Test what you've learnt, earn points and monitor your progress
- Nine topics: first words, food, colours, phrases, the body, numbers, time, shopping and countries
- Intelligent Software - remembers words you get wrong and targets your weak points
- Automatic Localisation - Choose the language you learn from (more than 100 available)
- iPod integration - listen to Talk Now! on your iPod for complete learning on the move!
There is a newer version of this item:
Customers Also Shopped For
- Platform: Windows, Mac
- Media: CD-ROM
- Item Quantity: 1
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
From la Mucca (cow) to la Corona (crown), la casa (house) to l'iglu (igloo), EuroTalk Interactive's Italian Vocabulary Builder will give you most of the elementary Italian words you will want to learn, together with a few that you would never dream you'd need on your first trip to Italy!
Ridiculously simple in format, the CD-Rom first asks you to register your name, then presents you with three options: "Learn", "Games" and "Record". First try the "Learn" function, where you can scroll through a number of basic (and some bizarre!) choices of vocabulary, which are each pronounced by a male and a female voice, presented as a picture and written as a word. Or, click the "dice" button, which will present you with a random order of items. Then move on to the "Games", which include "Find the Card", "Match the Pairs" and "Beat the Clock", all fairly self-explanatory exercises that can each be attempted at three difficulty levels. The tiger narrator will help, with a congratulatory "perfect!" or an empathetic "oops", depending on your score. But the real joy of this program is the "Record" function, which allows you to hear a word pronounced, then record your own attempt, before playing back both versions to compare your effort to that of a native speaker. Great fun and a fantastic learning tool. Once you have a few recordings you are happy with, play them one after the other in the "Cinema" to rapturous applause!
Claiming to be for the 4-12 years age group, this package is certainly intuitive enough for children to use, though the younger end of this age group would require support. Reading straight from the disc, it doesn't require a lengthy set-up procedure and it doesn't litter your hard drive with unnecessary files. It is bright, fun, and innovative, and certainly keeps the attention of the student much longer than more traditional formats. Undoubtedly, because of that, it is more effective. Great for the kids before you take them on an Italian holiday, or for adults who want a simple, fun introduction to the language. Deceptively good.--Lucie Naylor
You'll find you can't drag yourself away - in short, you can't stop yourself learning.' -- What PC MagazineSee all Product Description
Top Customer Reviews
Give it a try - you'll be surprised at just how quickly you can pick up a new language!