on 27 April 2017
ok need disks
on 8 May 2014
I bought this book for a young girl who is going to Japan. I read all the reviews and every one said it was a really good book for beginners and simple to understand. She was very pleased with it.
on 7 December 2015
The guide made it sound like this was a book with CDs accompanying it- It is more like CDs with a small (Smaller than a normal paperback by far) book. Not what I was after
on 7 November 2014
My son loves this he alms Japanese now
on 9 January 2016
A little smaller than I expected it to bed, and lack of an audio CD or download option is noticeable. But still a nice place to start.
on 1 June 2009
After buying this book and cd, I was unsure whether it would be of a great standard and if it was going to cover topics that were worth using, but it turns out that it does. It covers greetings, nationality, metting friends, what to say when booking hotel etc. It really does cover every basic thing you would need to say when going on a visit to Japan.

This book and cd also contains activities to do which shows your progress and lets you know if you have really understood and remembered it as well as you think you did. At the end of each unit there is also a quiz and this really outs you to the test. I love this about the book and I feel that it is really helping me learn Japanese.

Overall, this is probably the best pack you could buy to learn. It it thorough, easy to learn, contains activities and includes how to write in Japanese also. Buy Buy Buy!
on 15 March 2009
I opted for this as it has 2 audio CD's and I have previously found success with the Talk Spanish course.
I listen to the audio in my car on the way to work and it has helped me pick up the basics almost subliminaly. The book goes into a bit more depth and the 2 work together well - espescially if you are disciplined enough to sith there with the book and listen to audio at the same time.
Some of the topics are a bit irrelevant and you are sometimes required to run before you can walk, but overall it is not too much of a problem.
Great value compared to the others and it is guaranteed to get you by.
on 11 December 2014
Why sell something without the Audio that goes with it!
on 16 March 2009
Excellent Package!
A simple step-by-step practical approach to learning Japanese. The book & CD's work very well together. Learn effectively and at your own speed.
on 7 March 2015
cant say if my son has ever read it to be honest :-(