- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
Talk Greek Book & CDs Paperback – 8 Feb 2006
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
There is a newer edition of this item:
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
It starts by focusing on the basics for social situations. The authors have clearly thought about what you might want to say: for example, to `How are you?' you learn to reply not only `Fine', but also `So-so' - a handy phrase that other courses seem to ignore. (When you're in a new country, you DON'T always feel `fine'!)
But what really clinched it for me (for that 5th star) is that the authors acknowledge that a place called Cyprus exists, and that people speak Greek here. Not that Cyprus features that often - but it is there, which is more than I can say for the other language courses I've sampled.
The voices on the two CDs are clear, with a varied range of speakers. The use of English is minimal, and the accompanying coursebook uses the Greek alphabet as much as possible. At the end there is a concise section on grammar basics, and the Greek-English glossary gives the definite article with all nouns (which is the way to learn nouns, as you need the article even with personal pronouns).
Bear in mind that this is definitely a basic beginner course, and doesn't purport to be anything else. It seems intended to feed into the BBC's more comprehensive `Greek Language and People' course, but is excellent on its own.
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Lesson planning > Teaching of Specific Subjects
- Books > Languages > By Language > Other European Languages > Greek
- Books > Reference > Language > Translation & Interpretation
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Education Studies