Customer reviews

on 6 October 2011
This is another collection of quick easy read regency romps from four popular authors.Each of the four tales are delightful and refreshing, Eloisa James, for me personally being the best. It is difficult to outline each story as no sooner have you begun than you reach the end! However, they are exactly what you want from a short regency collection, fast paced pure indulgence..enjoy!
on 23 November 2012
I bought this book because of the Eloisa James content as I have read most of her books and rate her writing very highly. As expected, I enjoyed her story. As feared, I found the other stories of inferior standard especially because of the use of American slang terms which I find jarring and offputting in stories set in or around this period of English history. Also, I did not find all of them plausible enough to carry carry me along. I'm not sure how she does it, but I find Eloisa James one of the few authors of this genre who seems to write exciting, plausible, witty, amusing and sensual stories without losing the 'sense' of the time period of which she is writing.

For me, the cost of the book was justified mainly for the one short story.
on 30 April 2016
Four great regency stories.