on 2 March 2016
I find this CD dry, boring, slow, sexist (dizzy wife, king telling daughter to get married etc), irritatingly loud then quiet so you either don't hear it or get startled by it being too loud. But 6 year old loves it (aaargh).
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 20 November 2014
This is a delightful book in every way. The tales, collected from sources as diverse as North America, Russia, France and Scotland amongst others are beautifully re-told in an idiom and intimate style ideally suited to imaginative young minds. The illustrations are original, tasteful and most engaging. The CD is sure to hold a young audience whether at home or school. All the components come together beautifully to make a captivating whole. A lovely present for any child.
on 9 June 2014
I bought this book for The Pedlar of Swaffham story to learn about with my class. The children absolutely loved this story and really engaged with it.
Moreover I really liked the cd and so did my class. They enjoyed all of the different stories.
on 2 May 2013
Ohhh, I loved these stories by Hugh Lupton, and I love Niamh Sharkey's incredible illustrations. It's a magical combination that my daughter and I have loved from aged 4-8. A lovely present also.
on 23 November 2010
The stories in this book are some I hadn't come across before. They will make a great addition to the ones I use in the classroom.
on 28 November 2014
A lovely story book with a great audio accompaniment. The illustrations are wonderful, the stories quirky and my children and I enjoy reading/listening to these tales equally as much
on 13 December 2009
I am an English teacher in Spain and my kids loved these stories. great catch!!
on 8 July 2015
We used 3 stories from this book in class...the children loved it so much, I had to read more at story time. Only problem... CD wouldn't play... Disappointing.
on 1 August 2010
This was a good book my boys and I enjoyed, the barefoot books are a great collection!
on 10 September 2015