on 15 September 2017
This was a gift for a friend and she loved it, as do I love Aly Wilks writing.
on 15 March 2013
A delightful re-visit to any English or Welsh village, with additional memories of Mapp andLucia and As Time Goes By.
on 25 July 2017
lovely book, happy with purchase
on 25 October 2012
Wonderful collection of tales that have been collected together with "extra bits" for us all to enjoy. I'm so glad the characters live on in this jolly book! I have loved reading of the villagers exploits over the years in Country Living. This book will be treasured!
on 13 January 2013
Very entertaining reading, I had read some of her columns and found them enjoyable.
Good value for money and arrived quickly.
on 12 December 2012
A great read. Aly brings her characters to life. You feel as if you too know some of them! I recommend this book as a great stocking filler for lovers of English village life, especially if you are not actually part of a village community.
on 26 September 2016
I used to follow Aly Wilks in Country Living Magazine. I loved it. Not sure its completely true - I don't think the neighbours would still be talking to her but I just love it and was very sad when the stories ended in the magazine. If the characters are real in this village I want to live there.
on 1 March 2013
Aly writes with such fun and wit and it is a delight to read this book. Refreshingly humorous and uplifting, this book will make you chuckle from beginning to end, as well as making you want to move to the countryside immediately.
Love it!,,
on 7 December 2012
If you need cheering up a little these dark Winter days, this is the perfect antidote. It has humorous cartoons as well about life in a quaint rural village, with some great characters for neighbours!
on 7 April 2014
I discovered tales from a stone cottage in Country living magazine and laughed a lot and waited for it every month.I'm so happy to get them in a book so I can share it with my husband and my kids.